Help! What car is closer in shape to a 1973-76 Dart Sport The 1972 Duster or 1972 Demon?

-

340six

Reaction score
I have kinda a dilemma here.
I ordered a custom car cover for my 1973 Dart Sport 340 at a web site the cover and is not right. Come to find out they do not make one for 1973 up Dusters or Dart Sports and should not be listed.
Looks like the closest is going to be 1972 Duster or 1972 Demon. The company was supposed to refund my $ but so far has not will only send replacement.
So have to choose from what ever one is closer. I removed the bumperettes long ago.
So what front end shape matches better or is longer from the doors up the 1972 Duster or Demon?

Demon front end is longer but not by much. About 1/2 the width of the fender extension. If u new a longer one the 70-72 dart swinger is longer as it has3 inches longer wheel base. Kim

3 inches should not matter on a car cover.

If the one you have is for a "23" body, like a regular Dart, Valiant, Scamp, etc, then it may not fit the rear window area properly.

A "29" body Demon, Dart Sport, or any Duster are virtually identical in shape, so will interchange on a car cover for sure.

3 inches should not matter on a car cover.

If the one you have is for a "23" body, like a regular Dart, Valiant, Scamp, etc, then it may not fit the rear window area properly.

A "29" body Demon, Dart Sport, or any Duster are virtually identical in shape, so will interchange on a car cover for sure.
That is the problem The web site is wrong and orders a non coupe cover, that is for Swinger, etc so does not fit coupe.
So I have to pick from Duster or Demon to get the coupe cover.
They do show different patterns for Duster and Demon thus my question. Does the Fender and extensions on the Demon Fenders and Hood Shape make it that much different than the Dusters?
I can not see it doing so but they do have 2 patterns and are not the same this me asking.
The patterns follow the roof line {Drip Rail location} Down to the tops of the fenders and then down.
If you take a tape measure and measure from door to tip of fender {leading edge is the Demon longer or shorter than Duster? The Demon look to be set back [/b]
Thanks.

Thanks.

Last edited:
-
Back