Help with 1975 Duster ID

-

Mitchelle

Reaction score
Hello again, My husband bought this car a week ago. We are new with Mopar cars. I like to look for information about the cars we get, through vin nombers and the Tag of the car, but with this one is been difficult.
Any Tag decoder that someone will recomend? Or If someone can give me a hand telling me, with the pictures.
One vin decoder tells me is a Custom, and other told me sport. Not to mention one told me is a Valiant.
I know that the tailight part is not a regular one.

atras.jpg

91526-CIMG3840.jpg

Welcome aboard and nice looking Duster.
The tail panel is definitely 75. The reason that some of the decoders are sketchy is they stop at 74. Some of the codes may carry over some may not...

A lookup on the VIN will say it's a vailant. A Duster after all IS a 2 dr valiant coupe. The fender tag will show the color and "packaged" options, BUT if you want to know what it really came with, look for a build sheet under the back seat or behind the glove box liner.

Some sites that might help:
http://www.mymopar.com/index.php?pid=17
http://www.stockmopar.com/mopar-fender-tag-decoder.php

If it IS a "Duster custom" it originally had "custom" fender badges just under the Duster badge. It should also have the wood grain dash and a locking glove box and a AM/FM stereo. It may also have had wheel opening molding ( check the inside edge of the fenders for holes ) in addition to the rocker molding. Of course this is just from memory of what my duster custom

That's a sharp looking Valiant Duster. :) Post up a photo of your fender tag and someone here can probably decode it for you.

Thanks!

I tried last night to decode the fender tag with a picture I took in the weekend, I used a website.

But not all info was available, even thou It was the right letters, tonight Ill post the picture (Im at the office) This was the info (Copy/Paste) of the results I got last night.

E24 225 1 Barrel 6 Cyllinder
D34 TorqueFlite Automatic Transmission
VH29 Blank
C5B Blank
112064 Sequence Number '112064'E11Paint Code: 170 1 Barrel 6 Cyllinder
E2B6 (Trim Grade/Style/Color
E = Economy 2 = Vinyl Bench B6 = Medium Blue
C27 Date Built: 12 / 27 / 1974
204401 Order Number:
1 IUnknown At This Time
C52 Bench Seats
K6X Unknown At This Time
M21 Roof Drip Rail Moldings
H25 Heater Delete
M26 Wheel Lip Molding
M38 Deck Lid Finish Panel Moldings 70-1
N87 Unknown At This Time
L2 Unknown At This Time
561 Unknown At This Time

The car has radio am/fm, and the holes for the wheel moldings and the wood trims in the dash and window handle.

Good lookin' car. K6X is a body side moulding I think.

thanks,

We are starting with this new hobbie, not even a year. We hace a Chevelle 67, a Mustang 65 (my baby) and this Duster is only been home for a week or so. In Puerto Rico Mopar cars are rare, and in good conditions even more. Some people tell us that it wasnt a good buy because is a six in line but we like it, and is solid, no rust, and has its lines. He is giving it a good makeover (rug, a good cleaning, painting the trunk, new interior panels,) .
I like to look for all the original car info, even thou that he will probably change it to what he really likes. For example, we will put the black lines at the sides.

So, any aditional info I will apreciate it. Ill post more pictures tonight

If you could lightly sand the tops of the codes or just touch them with a Magic Marker it would help a whole lot. They are very hard to read.

I will help you all I can.
Off hand I can tell that you have a 75 Slant 6 with auto Duster made at the Hamtramck (Detroit) plant painted white with blue vinyl interior.

whay is auto duster ?

BTW, my husband just sent me this picture. A little detail in the scoop area. Until he decides what to do with the scoop. (paint it all yellow, pait only the scoop in matte black , or what )

antesydespues.jpg

It means the Duster has an automatic transmission. :)

ahhhhhhhhhhh!!!
sorry , dumb question. excuse that one and a few more that are on their way..
:cheers:
Everyday Im learning something new. 2 weeks ago I didnt know what was a Manifold and now I know the differnece between 1 barrel and 2 barrel manifold!

-
Back