HELP with 4 speed conversion 66 Dart

-

bshawzzd

Reaction score
I have a 66 Dart with a new 360CI/405HP Mopar Performance Crate Engine
I am taking out the 904 automatic and converting to 4 speed
Does anyone make a pilot bushing/bearing for the back of the crankshaft to accept the 4 speed input shaft?

Thanks
Bruce Shaw

The Pilot shaft bushing Is a common part you can get from any parts store.

The question is, is the crank on that crate engine drilled for a manual transimission? If not, you will be SOL without either having the crank Drilled by a machine shop, or replacing it with a drilled crank.

They do make a pilot bearing which is better then the pilot bushing. I would have to find out what the part number is but you can order them at your dodge dealer.

They (Napa) also sells a bushing that's made for non drilled cranks. I had to put one of those in my crank. Your crank has the bigger register(I'm all most positive on that?) in the end of the crank for the TQ hub, so you can run the newer needle bearing set up like talked about above.

Yup, it's just the standard Magnum pilot bearing. Get the whole assembly however, not just the bearing. The assembly includes the hub, which you will need to mount the bearing.

Don't forget that you'd need a 360 flywheel with balancing holes ,360 magnums are externally ballanced and different than LA. Someone makes a flywheel that has a couple of different plates that could be used to any engine . Good luck !

Don't forget that you'd need a 360 flywheel with balancing holes ,360 magnums are externally ballanced and different than LA. Someone makes a flywheel that has a couple of different plates that could be used to any engine . Good luck !

http://www.brewersperformance.com/products.asp?cat=46

I just put one of these on my 340. But if you look you can put what ever balance weight you need on it. Which is really cool, I think.

-
Back