Help with AC/Heater Harness

-

1969VADart

Reaction score
So the saga of my wiring harness swap continues. I finally got the bulk of the new dash harness in. I also had to order a new AC/heater harness for under the dash. I have most everything connected and ran the two wires for the AC/heater harness into the bulkhead, but I am left with the two connectors below and I don’t know what they go to. My old harness had those same connectors but in my stupidity I didn’t think to take a picture of what they are connected to. To be honest, I’m not even sure if they were connected to anything. Both wires are blue. I would appreciate any insight from you guys about where you think these might go.

Slightly unrelated, anyone recall which side of the ammeter the red wire goes to and which side the black goes to? I clearly should have been paying more attention.

And on an unrelated note, anyone got any advice on how to get the defrost vent duct back into the vent under the dash?

79D91A1B-F543-4338-BFF3-76EB3258B0A9.jpeg

Okay, so I think I figured out where the two blue wires go. Going back some old pictures, I noticed there is a relay on top of the AC box that looks like the old blue wires were plugged in. Since I eliminated the AC from my car (even though I still have the AC box), I guess it didn't occur to me to go back and look there. So that problem seems to be resolved.

Also managed to answer my own question on the ammeter after reading through FABO a little bit. Never paid attention to the word RED printed on the circuit board.

So now I still could use some insight on the vent hose install question. Thanks.

Last edited:
The back of my instrument panel was was marked positive / negative plus or minus for the alternator gauge posts

Make sure you have a fire extinguisher handy. And keep the bat. terminal loose with a helper on hand for fire watch. Good luck

I don't have AC in mine, I'm guessing it's in the way of the defrost hoses, you need the clips to secure to the vents and you may need to access the hoses before installing your instrument panel or glove box

-
Back