Help with B&M Pro shifter please.

-

memike

Super Moderator
Staff member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
80840 shifter, I was lead to believe I could indeed set it up for a 904 dodge transmission, and some conflicting information saying I can use it.
Pictures below show I can, but some searching shows its just for a two speed gm transmissions..
It would be nice to change a shift plate in the shifter out to accommodate my 904 forward patern transmission.
So before I pull the shifter, parts and do some trading I thought I would ask here first, thank you.

20230211_142807.jpg

Screenshot_20230212-111807_Chrome.jpg

20230113_162921.jpg

Yep, looks like you have the wrong version. I have two of the universal version, I really like them I have no idea if you could change the pattern in that shifter. I HAVE changed the pattern in a Cheetah from three speed to glide, that was an easy one.
Best advice? See if you can contact a human at B&M. Good luck.

Summit catalog (paper) says 80840 is glide only, 80842 and 81120 are universal 3 or 4sp. (81120 is black with a pistol grip, for $90 more).

Mine. Home made pistol grips, one with a line lock button.

20181125_093423.jpg

20181125_092606.jpg

20181125_092939.jpg

Maybe, MAYBE, it's the same shifter, and the only difference is the cable brackets included in the universal version that might not be included with the glide only version......

Take the cover off and count the number of detent positions. That will tell you for sure.

I never had the power glide version but think it is different.

Take the cover off and count the number of detent positions. That will tell you for sure.

I never had the power glide version but think it is different.
Yes, put away the internet search, and do a physical check.

Thank you all so much , with the cable off it does have a 3 speed forward pattern, I relocated the cable direction so it sets on the driver's side of the starter, now getting all three forward gears, it appears it was in a bind trying to shift all the way in to 1rst gear. I will triple check the shift pattern in my forward gears today, yesterday I pulled the shift cable off to determine the shift location was indeed in 1st, sends and third, each time by removing the cable as it set in each forward gears with out being in a bind.. I was told when I bought it that it works on 904 dodge trans, so looks like it did yesterday before I had to stop and set up food in the shop for the superbowl.

Excellent. So maybe the only difference in the part numbers is the power glide setup, according to the instructions, has bigger, more expensive trans brackets, and they don’t want to include those in every box? I would not blame them for that at all.

Glad it’s looking like it will work out.

Excellent. So maybe the only difference in the part numbers is the power glide setup, according to the instructions, has bigger, more expensive trans brackets, and they don’t want to include those in every box? I would not blame them for that at all.

Glad it’s looking like it will work out.
I am into this shifter real good, I sold my quick silver I paid 70 dollars for, for 75, bought this B&M pro for 90 so I have 85 dollars in this 400 dollar shifter, my nick name use to be Mr. HAYNEY :lol:, the shifter has never been used, but they did weld a riser on it that didn't hurt at all for my install

20230113_162921.jpg

Glad you got it figured out, Mike! That's a great shifter!

Glad you got it figured out, Mike! That's a great shifter!
I agree, I could never spend the kind of money on a shifter at the stage I am in, 400 bucks goes a long ways on other needed parts as you know, like new shocks, posable new gas tank, but I believe mine is fine. You get a chance pm me of anything /6 you need or want, if I have it its yours my friend

I agree, I could never spend the kind of money on a shifter at the stage I am in, 400 bucks goes a long ways on other needed parts as you know, like new shocks, posable new gas tank, but I believe mine is fine. You get a chance pm me of anything /6 you need or want, if I have it its yours my friend
Thanks Mike! I am 225 poor. But I think UPS wants too much to ship those. LOL

Thanks Mike! I am 225 poor. But I think UPS wants too much to ship those. LOL
Lmao, I agree, when I gather all my pulleys, brackets and anything else I have I will get in touch :thumbsup:

-
Back