Help with choosing /6 build type for newbie

-
Bill you look as happy as a pig in you know what in that pic!! Thanks for the two cents. My next ride to restore unless i get distracted is a 1941 Oldsmobile Limo. My grandfather corted my grandma in one and then a 1948 willys when he got back from the Pacific he told her that he got a convertable haha. Then they had 10 kids her mother told her dont trust a boy with that big car. lol. I get sentimental with them. Thanks

Bill you look as happy as a pig in you know what in that pic!! Thanks for the two cents. My next ride to restore unless i get distracted is a 1941 Oldsmobile Limo. My grandfather corted my grandma in one and then a 1948 willys when he got back from the Pacific he told her that he got a convertable haha. Then they had 10 kids her mother told her dont trust a boy with that big car. lol. I get sentimental with them. Thanks

Thanks for the kind words; I still look like a dork (some things never change...):angry3:

I WAS happy; that car ran B Gas Coupe and ran a best of about a 14.20, at 98 mph (9 pounds per cubic inch.) It was competitive in that class, locally (most stock "street" cars ran in the eighteens or nineteens, back then.)

I just read the quarter mile numbers for the 2012 Toyota Camry in the December 2011 issue of Motor Trend magazine, page 57; 14.20-seconds @ 100 MPH.

So, my "race car" that I thought was bad-***, was virtually as fast as my niece's soccer-mom, grocery-getter, normally-aspirated V-6 Toyota in 2012.

That "race car" (LOL!) was only 24 years old in 1959, when I raced it; that's like a 1998 car would be, now.... not really very old. Certainally not one you'd "restore," probably...

The Volkswagen Passat they tested was (marginally) even faster/quicker than the Camry.

Nowadays, they yawn at performance like that and call these cars "BORING."

That's quicker And faster than a stock 1968 383 Road Runner or a 1970 340 Duster (or, the vaunted 1966 GTO) was when they were new. So much for the "muscle cars" back in the day...

Any car that will run 100 MPH in the quarter-mile is exciting to me.

Guess I really AM gettin' O-L-D...:angry3:

ROFL thats great. Things have changed. My eyes feel like there bleeding from hours of research on the web and reading others restoration threads. But it hurts so good it will be worth it!!

ROFL thats great. Things have changed. My eyes feel like there bleeding from hours of research on the web and reading others restoration threads. But it hurts so good it will be worth it!!

True, but research can only take you just so far...

Eventually, you gotta get your hands dirty.... LOL!!!:wink:

Been looking all over for answer. I have the mallory 45 series dizzy for the 225 and the 6al red box for car as well as the new ballast and inline filter. My 225 is a points setup. If i do the conversion what will i need orange box etc or bypass all that. I would like to use what i have at least in this slant build. Thanks

Almost got everything together. Had to move and a million other things. Tearing down a shop and building another is no easy task its amazing how much crap we collect over the years. I tossed a full bay of crap and still i am filling a four car garage and have to build a carport of the side for blasting. Alright done venting. Back to ordering and searching threads. (or mindless internet videos haha)

-
Back