help with fenderwell headers vs performace

-

dart-a-cuda

Reaction score
i have a 360 in my 1966 1/2 dodge dart 1/2 barracuda.. dart A CUDA WELL MY FENDER WELL HEADERS ARE KIND OF A PAIN MASTER CYLINDER GETS TOO HOT
EVERYTHING IS TIGHT ...IF?? I PUT STK EXHAUST BACK ON WELL I NOTICE ANY DIFFERENCE .........ENGINE IS 360 ..040 OVER... ELDERBROK ALUM HEADS... ELDERBROK PERFORMACE INTAKE AND RV CAM 204/204 @50 % IT HAS PLENTY OF POWER NOW AND ID LIKE TO KEEP IT ..ALSO MY STK MANIFOLDS ARE OFF A 273 MOTOR ARE MANIFOLDS FROM A STK 360 REALLY ANY BIGGER THAN A 273 OR 318??? I DONT KNOW ANY ONE LOCAL TO HELP WITH THIS DECISSION AND ALL ADVICE WILL BE APPRECIATED...
THANKS DAN

the stock 63-66 abody 273 maniolds have tiny ports compared to a 360 manifold...

even though you have a smaller cam i still think the manifolds will choke your 360 a noticible amount...

abodyjoe is right! I would look into a set of TTI headers if you can afford them. I used to run the fenderwells and I here you loud and clear..

I had stock manifolds on my stock 78 318, with the only mod being a 4bbl intake and carb. When I switched over to the headers it was like night and day. The car got a whole lot more of a top end charge going. It is the drivers side manifold that is the worst where it flattens out to go around the column.

Dan, I had a similar problem with my 1964 Valiant 318. It had fenderwell headers when I bought it and I wanted them off without hurting performance. I didn't want to go for expensive TTI headers, and I didn't want to choke exhaust with stock manifolds. What I did was to purchase Spitfire headers, they are a short header that fits early A bodies nice and are $225 delivered to your door. Might work for you. Mike

well thanks for all the tips so far...... i forgot about spit fires.....ill look them up on the internet.... whats different tti headers do they keep heat in ?? or are they designrd different

i don't think the spitfires will fit the eddy heads..

i found the spitfires tht are on djvcuda's car.. i got them from a guy that was gonna use them on his early cuda but they wouldn't clear the head (eddy).. he even flattened out the tube that hit some and still didn't fit..

dart-a-cuda said:
well thanks for all the tips so far...... i forgot about spit fires.....ill look them up on the internet.... whats different tti headers do they keep heat in ?? or are they designrd different

tti are under carriage... so are the dougs.. i hear the dougs have really come down in price too.. i think summit sells them.

-
Back