help with front shock towers

-

daves 72 dart

Reaction score
So I read over on Moparts.com that when you remove the inner fenders that you must brace the shock towers? I have a 72 dart, original /6 car, now with a 340.when i got the car someone cut a hole out of the fenders and they cut some of the shock tower out. i am worried the fram will flex in. So is it necessary to brace the shock towers? Whats some of your ideas to brace them? Pics are nice. Car is street/strip so I will drive and race it. Thanks!

Here are some pics. Run the bars through the firewall and weld them to the roll bar if you have one. If not weld a 1/8 plate to the fire wall and weld the bars to that. Also weld the ber to the shock tower. The bars are also a good place to hook a motor plate to.

100_1721.jpg

100_1723.jpg

100_1724.jpg

100_1725.jpg

100_1726.jpg

thanks im going to get some picks of my dart because someone cut a big hole in the inner fender.i dont have room to go the path you did. there still is alot of inner fender in my dart.

Sounds like your car used to have fenderwell headers on it. The best way to go would be to cut out the choped set and weld a replacment set of inner fenders in.

Dave, I sent you an email with some info.

-
Back