help with jeep wipers

-

ef8340

Reaction score
a friend of mine has a 95 cherokee sport and the windshild wipers dont work so far we replaced the motor and the switch the rear window wiper wasnt working either until we swapped these parts now it works great but still no front wipers and he doesnt really want to drive in reverse i've been told the relay was either behind the glove box or pass kick panel have looked but nothing is there the fuse box under the hood list nothing for a wiper relay or fuse either does the one under the dash any ideas out there?:banghead:

under the dash on the drivers side there is a delay wiper module stuck on the lower part of the dash. it is secured with velcro. the module is either black or gray. unplug the module then attach the two connetors together the wipers should work. 99.9% sure it will. If not could be the switch in the column.

well me and my friend found the box we removed it and plugged it up without it still nothing we went to the wrecking yard and grabbed 3 others still nothing any other ideas?

O.K. take the covers off the steering column and unplug the connector to the wiper switch. test for power at terminal 4 if you have no power check for bad fuse or circuit breaker by lower left kick panel under dash. if you do have power jump pins 4 and 5 if they work you have a bad wiper switch. cant recall colors of wires I am not at my shop where I have access to my wiring diagrams. but the connector should have #'s on it. If you want you can call me at my shop tomorrow 1-203 -265-2114

-
Back