Help with LCA bushing

-

MoparMark91

Reaction score
Hey guys I need some help possibly, I and rebuilding my LCA bushing and I was able to get the old ones out and I even added the stiffening plates. Now when I go to press in the new ones it seems to be having trouble and I think one of the bushing are bad now cause when I was trying to press it in the rubber came over the pin ridge as u can see in the picture. So what's the best way to press the new lower bushings in? I've watched all the videos posted on here and read the book....but still no help. Any tricks or anything when pressing them in, I even sanded one to see if it would help but still no luvk? Also I am using the proforged poly bushings. It's really fustrating cause this is the one thing holding up everything

IMG_20200206_164601.jpg

IMG_20200206_164604.jpg

From my personal experience with those exact bushings, I’d throw them in the woods and get some rubber bushings. I had nothing but trouble with them and ended up ruining my whole LCA.
But if you want to use them, I would install the bushings into the sleeves, then press the pivot pin into the bushing, then press the pin with bushing and sleeve into the LCA with a pipe putting all of the pressure onto just the sleeve so you don’t damage the bushing itself (may be too late for that one). You can put assembled bushings in the freezer help install them into the LCA.

You could probably save that bushing if you didn't sand too much off the sleeve.The Poly should be ok just press the pin back out and start over.

I've never installed that type bush myself, but it looks like you will have to install them into the arm, sleeve first Then bushing and then press the pin into the bushing. There is nothing to push on. If you do it the way you install a rubber bushing. With the factory rubber bushing you press the pin into the bush and then the bush and the pin together into the arm. As said it seems you cannot do it with that Style bushing As there is nothing to push on.

Last edited:
Poly bushings are junk. As stated above throw them in the woods. Take your arms and pins to a shop and have OEM steel encased style rubber bushings installed.

Don't get moog rubber ones.The last 2 I bought the hole for the pins were too big.Now that's junk

I get them at NAPA. Remember. When installing OEM put the bushing on the pin first and press it in the arm pushing on the outer sleeve.

When using Poly style. Leave the old inner and outer sleeves on. Push the bushing with lube into the arm and the lube the pin and push it into the bushing.

After lubing them up see how long it takes for the arm to move front and back on the bushing. Just back up hit the brakes and look down at he arms. then go forward and do the same. You will all be in for a rude awakening. Hey if your not happy with the movement. Buy those pins with the grease fittings and add some more lube. LOL There are some companies that could sell Ice to and Eskimo. And then the buyers will tell you how much colder the ice is . Why? because they fell for the scam Hook, Line, and sinker. LMFAO

Last edited:
-
Back