Help With My 833

-

48james

Reaction score
So I bought a four speed a body transmission last week and the plate that has all the numbers is badly pitted. I can't read anything but I am certain it's a new process four speed. Is there anyone who can id a trans from the casting numbers? On the tailshaft it reads C88126 Z and below the housing plate it reads C99129 H. On the input shaft it has C 95664 Z
It has a 23 spline input and i'd love to find out more about it. It looks brand new inside and shifts through all the gears.
Any guesses on worth would also be appreciated! It is in good condition and ready to be installed. Also if anyone who's converted over to a manual has a parts list or knows how much they spent about would be nice to know! Im thinking almost seven hundred to do the conversion?

Well honestly you can easily tell what the NP833 looks like by looking at it.... worth? ive seen ones go for $300-$750.... I buy good cores for <$300... just by opening the side cover you can inspect some things like gears and synchros to a point - but how are the thrust washers? front and rear main bearings? tailshaft bearing ? needle bearings? etc.... there is a lot of parts that can not be seen. Is it a slip yoke or a trunion style output ? all these things play a factor... a known good A-body 833 is probably around $400-$450.....

-
Back