Help With Rear Axle Verification

-

JTG

Reaction score
Hi I'm working with a 1968 Plymouth Barracuda with a 318, and 904 tranny.Wanted to verify what rear axle would have originally been in this car from factory. Broadcast sheet shows in the build codes section the number 214 for axle and 29 for pinion. Also at the top of the sheet it has the number 1 marked in the box for axle and nothing marked in the sure grip box. Thank you any help is very much appreciated
How does one even decipher one of these broadcast sheets.

7 1/4 is the stock rearend but those are junk, I'd put a 8 3/4 in it and call it done. That or a Dana 60 but that's me

Hi 70duster, the car has a 8 3/4 with sure grip in it now, was just curious to know what some of the components where originally. My thought was a 7 1/4, but didn't Chrysler also make a 8 1/4.

Hi 70duster, the car has a 8 3/4 with sure grip in it now, was just curious to know what some of the components where originally. My thought was a 7 1/4, but didn't Chrysler also make a 8 1/4.

8.25 was in the 70's... it was either 7.25 or 8.75... more than likely the smaller one...

Thanks moparkid, for the insight, 7 1/4 it is.

-
Back