Help With Tire and Rim Options

-

rp23g7

Reaction score
Hey Everyone, its time for one of the most dreaded times in the car hobby, tire and rim selection.

I have been looking through the forums and got some good info, but have decided to ask some people who have done it.

My Scamp right now has the stock 205/75/14s on it

If you look at my pictures in My Garage you can see how the scamp sits, the previous owner has lowered the front, which i like the look of. I dont believe the rear has been lowered any from the look.

I checked the clearance on the front, and it still has 4 or so inches to the inner fender, but the clearance around the outer wheel well is probably a inch or so.

I was wondering what everyone thought of putting a 245/55/15 on it, on a 15x8 which playing with a tire/rim calculator would be a little wider tire, but the same diameter, or a 255/55/15 on the same rim.

Dont know what back spacing to use, thought some of you guys that already have it can give info on hom much clearance there is from leaf springs and fender lips etc.

thanks everyone

Oh, does anyone have a link to a tire/wheel visualization site if there are any?

Quick tip, Late mustang wheels are available in 17x8 sizes that fit with some small spaces (under 1/4 inch) and you can pick up a set with tires for around $400.

hmm i would rather stay with a 14 or 15 and not have a rubber band as a tire though

-
Back