Help with trim restoration

-

737jetdr

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I just got my 67 Dart Gt back from paint and my trim looks like crap. Can anyone recommend a place to restore my Gt trunk trim panel? I checked with a place in Michigan and they said they won't touch it. They will do my 4 pieces that go across the trunk for $60 a pop. Starting to wonder If I should have just welded the holes up before painting.

What is the problem with your trim? Is it dented, faded, ect... If you take your time, you should be able to slowly take dents out with minimal tools. Sand down the repair area and buff it out.
There are shops that do this work. Do a google search and make contact with them for an estimate.
Andy

The shop I checked with does mostly Mopar trim. The 67 Gt panel has has alternating textured and polished pinstripes. They said when sand and polish the panel you will lose the finish on it.

Show a pic, I'm sure the wealth of knowledge on FABO can get you headed a good direction. I had a 69 Cuda tail panel that I refurbished moons ago. I ended up stripping it, fixing it and polishing the panel. It looked good, but not stock. If you make repairs to your trim yourself, Walmart sells texture paint in a spray can. You probably would be able to get a color close to what you are looking for.
Andy

Nobody makes a repop, so places like King of Trim charge a fortune for a restoration. One day I'm gonna do the one on my 68. Many hours and special tools!

you might check with some of the major resto shops for the "right" people to contact.
we have a few choices: weld holes shut and forget it. sent it to experts and pay the price. or get tools and materials and attempt to do it ourselves! some choices!!!! LOL
I ve seen people hunt a good used or NOS trim part for years to finish their resto. ( many trips to Carlisle and nats!!!)
I guess for some its fun of the journey, NOT maybe the destination!????

-
Back