Help with window adjustment

-

Liquidspine

Reaction score
I have searched and I know where the adjustment points are..(unless I missing one).
And For the life of me I cant get the front of the window to go all the way up...
And Its not the hinges they are solid.
If you are looking at the window from the outside of the car it need to be turned left about 1/4 inch. Please someone let me know if you can help...I cant take the whistle any longer!

Attachments

• 20150302_144940.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 296
  • 20150302_145003.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 277
  • 20150302_144930.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 269
Are there limiting stops on your type of mechanism.
I can't tell what year car it is.

Perhaps the vent assembly or rear channel is way out of alignment? This may not be of any generic help but...

Attachments

• glassadjust.pdf
    77.3 KB · Views: 155
It's a 70 2dr swinger. It has the limiter on the door handle side but not the vent window side. I've tried every adjustment to the extremes and nothing is working. So frustrating.

Hard to tell from the pics but if the front edge slopes downward and the rear edge is good then it would seem the whole vent frame needs to move up towards the roof rail which should even it out. It looks like the vent frame is not tight to the weather seal at the junction of the a-pillar.
But it is hard to see in the pics.

...Oops, I posted an attachment for sedans before. This attachment is for hardtops...

Attachments

• Hardtopglass.pdf
    102.4 KB · Views: 179
...And you've followed the 1970 FSM procedure I posted for both the vent wing and the glass and there are no large chunks of glass channel seal missing?

1/4" of rotation in the glass suggests it's too loose in the channels - at least near the top.

^^^^^^^^^^

Yes.

Modified my post above to include the FSM pages for a hardtop (follow this procedure). I posted sedan earlier, sorry.

I agree with 1969383S that it appears in the photo that the vent frame is misaligned.

Well I just came in from the garage to let you guys know I fixed it by moving the whole vent frame up.
I wish I would have posted this yesterday. I wouldn't have wasted an hour or 2 searching and tinkering but I guess that's half the fun isn't it?
Thank you guys for the help and hopefully someone in the future can use this to help fix their problem.

Awesome!! Good work "70Duster440". You nailed it first!

Do I get a Pentastar on my forehead? Glad you got it!

Got a local tatoo shop? I will pitch in (just kidding)!

What ever happened to cardboard cookies?

Hope the OP pressed the thanks button for you!

-
Back