Help

-

75BlueDuster

Reaction score
Hey all looking for info I have a 383 with edelbrock RPM heads with roller rockers 11.5 sec 1/4 mile car the rebuilt engine has approximately 82 passes on it.

Last time out the top end sounded a little bit noisey so I took it into engine builder he found one lifter that was opening at 40thou less than it should, he is now recomending that I replace the cam the lifters, the rocker balls and the valve springs. please note that the affected lifter has a dot size ware mark in it right in the center and it looks like the lifter was still rotating in the bore as it should.

Any thoughts

Hey all looking for info I have a 383 with edelbrock RPM heads with roller rockers 11.5 sec 1/4 mile car the rebuilt engine has approximately 82 passes on it.

Last time out the top end sounded a little bit noisey so I took it into engine builder he found one lifter that was opening at 40thou less than it should, he is now recomending that I replace the cam the lifters, the rocker balls and the valve springs. please note that the affected lifter has a dot size ware mark in it right in the center and it looks like the lifter was still rotating in the bore as it should.

Any thoughts

I'd look at the bottom of the lifter for any cupping, just put a ruler over the bottom, you will be able to see any cupping if its there, a lifter base is never "truely" flat, it will have a very slight outward beveling, if the cam is going flat, it'll take the lifter out too & be easy to see any problem, also, check the cup/ball for wear on the rocker adjuster.

-
Back