Help!

-

mprhoodlum

Inmate
Reaction score
I've got a 5.2 magnum that I'm trying to get the fan clutch assembly removed. What do I need - a friggin' special spanner wrench to hold the pulley? I've tried to put bolts through the pulley to block against the water pump, but all I did was wallow out the holes in the cheap-a$$ed soft metal. I'm using a very large Crescent wrench on the hex shaft. I think the corporations hire engineers to sit around and figure out how to make the hobbyists' life difficult. I just don't want to take the time to fabricate a tool to hold this pulley!
Thanks - Jim

I use a air hammer 1 quick shot will crack them loose.
Also some are left hand thread I'm not sure about the magnum.

I've got a 5.2 magnum that I'm trying to get the fan clutch assembly removed. What do I need - a friggin' special spanner wrench to hold the pulley? I've tried to put bolts through the pulley to block against the water pump, but all I did was wallow out the holes in the cheap-a$$ed soft metal. I'm using a very large Crescent wrench on the hex shaft. I think the corporations hire engineers to sit around and figure out how to make the hobbyists' life difficult. I just don't want to take the time to fabricate a tool to hold this pulley!
Thanks - Jim

Are you changing the water pump? If so then take the fan off with the pump and insert something through the impellor blades after it is off.

Use a pipe wrench, open the jaws up to about a 1/4" and hook it around the back of the pulley, this will allow you to hold the pulley to unscrew the fan.

-
Back