Helper pump advice - please

-

Old Country

Reaction score
I've decided to change over to a mechanical pump (Holley 12-360-11, 110 gph) from my current Mallory Comp 140. It's just a street car, but she's milling just under 550 at the crank. I have a full 3/8" system, pump mount at the tank, to a Mallory (big) filter, then a return style reg at 6 psi then over to my 6-pack. I've concluded I've simply too much pump for my non-race needs. Great pump, nice and quiet, but it's stranded me 3 times due to overheating (takes about an hour or so). Mallory Tech-rep says I need to change over to 1/2" lines as I'm bypassing 85% of the fuel it's pump'n... so anyway. Mathematically I need approx 95 gph at WOT... so the new setup should be much better.

SO why am I here? I'm a devout pessimist when it comes to fuel systems, and want to install a low pressure (3-4 psi) 'helper pump' where the Mallory 140 is sitting. This way the mechanical will work half as hard..ie: just needs to push the fuel.

So FABO professors..... please profess me some recommendations for a helper pump.... and just how much pressure is safe for the diaphram..?
Thanks so much!

Attachments

• DSCN1681.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 96
Run a "push/pull" ,system,with similar H.P. Same style pump,mechanical. Upgraded to A/N no 8 line,ran a old school Holley red,rated at 7 psi,84 g.p.h. No return line,though.Worked like a champ,3 year's weekend fun,Friday runner/ Sat nite special. Hope this helps. No regulator,intil N2O,came along.

-
Back