hemi /6

-

mwls73duster360

Bad as Buddy Holly
Reaction score
did they really exists or is this something a person did them selfs. i was at a tow yard auction and ran across a 60s dodge truck i looked under the hood and it looked like a slant six hemi to me. idk if it was a true hemispherical head but it did have the plugs threw the valve cover. tried to buy it even swapped plugs so it wouldnt start for other people(i know its dirty but i really wanted it lol) still some guy out bid me buy 100 bucks. has anyone else seen one them selfs and not just on the net?

This was talked about a while back, think it was available in other parts of the world....

i know they did aussi ones but they were straight six and right hand drive thats where my confusion sets in. this was a slant and a left side drive car so idk maybe you could make one?

Don't know what you saw, but it was not what you think it was. There is no hemi slant-6 -- not even as an engineering prototype or anything like that. The Australian-built Hemi-6 is an upright engine, not slanted and it is totally, completely different with no interchangeable parts (except valve lifters).

Got some pictures or a link to this mystery truck? Without them, I suspect what you saw was in fact a flathead six, and what you thought was the valve cover was in fact the top of the head.

Don't know what you saw, but it was not what you think it was. There is no hemi slant-6 -- not even as an engineering prototype or anything like that. The Australian-built Hemi-6 is an upright engine, not slanted and it is totally, completely different with no interchangeable parts (except valve lifters).

Got some pictures or a link to this mystery truck? Without them, I suspect what you saw was in fact a flathead six, and what you thought was the valve cover was in fact the top of the head.

rofl no pics was about two years ago but im not dumb i grew up on mopar lol i have had flat six's and slants six'a many times also know what makes a hemi is not the plugg position. but im telling you i looked at this thing for about 45min. it looked like a 225 with the hemi style pluggs and i have never seen one besides it online or otherwise.

Slants used hemi stile drool tubes with big plug wire boot that covered drool tube from 60 to about 1974, at which point in 75 or so went to peanut head with smaller spark plug, no drool tubes, and regular plug boots.

with any pictorial ebidence, i would have to say it never happened LOL not plug wires straight down through the top of the valve cover and definitely not 6 of them

I believe you guys they didn't make them lol was just curious if someone could have fabricated it because it did have all six plugs right in the middle of the valve cover along with an offy 4four barrel intake and Carter carb. Trust me I was really skeptical my self that's why I remember it so well. Was short bed stick shift also not that it matters and the light tan color . It has to be possible to make because it started right up . I traced the plug wires and even checked for plates covering old plug holes but found non. Sorry wish I had a picture guess I

Also not that matters but my brother and his friend were both there as well. My brother told me that it had to be custom because they didn't make them he is a ase mechanic and has been for 26years at the same classic car shop

I don't think anyone ever built a Hemi /6 but I've read of a ford straight 6 where they took two cleveland heads and cut and welded them together to fit the ford 6.

Im not saying its a true hemi maybe the owner worked at a shop that made him a head idk o well was hoping it might have been a company that made after market heads but guess not

It's possible but I think it's more likely someone has mixed up the Aussie Hemi six and the /6

Like this? Somebody brought this up earlier this year

Attachments

• hemi 6.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 242
no thats all backwards intake and exhaust is on the wrong sides and it had a normal looking offy intake looked just like my 225 in my dart sport but valve cover looked sort of like that more like one off of the early 60s 318 poly block but with the pluggs in the centers. like these but only one lol

Attachments

• index.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 212
:cheers:It's a Hemi! Gotta be,spark plugs,in the valve covers!(lol).

If you look close it say "Chrysler Fire Power" on the valve cover

-
Back