Hemi/A-body centerlink

-

hemicop

Reaction score
My usual "sources" for stuff has dried up. Anyone know where I can get a centerlink that'll go through the oiulpan for my project? At first glance I thought merely straightening it out would do the trick, but it needs a couple of subtle bends init so it doesn't hit the oilpan while going through its range of motion......

With a swinging pick-up & rear-sump design, the pan can't be modified further. Several pan builders sell this style pan with a tube for the centerlink to go through it. That's the way it is! MY problem is tweaking the 'link just enough so as to go through the tube. Without a torch or fab skills, I'm just trying to find an easy way to get my steering back.............

With a swinging pick-up & rear-sump design, the pan can't be modified further. Several pan builders sell this style pan with a tube for the centerlink to go through it. That's the way it is! MY problem is tweaking the 'link just enough so as to go through the tube. Without a torch or fab skills, I'm just trying to find an easy way to get my steering back.............

you greg will need to bring the torches to eh?

i'll let him know

hey call greg tomarrow 623-465-7277

i told him to call you but he was busy... but he always picks up the phone lol

I'll call him tomorrow (Friday)--got busy today........

Hemicop, sorry if this sounds like a dumb question, but have you tried rotating the center line 180 degrees and seeing if reversing the offset will help with clearance ?

I have the same issues on my hotrods, and while it usually fixes the pan issue, it gets' pretty tight near the headers (at full lock). Just a suggestion.

Southernman

Hemicop, sorry if this sounds like a dumb question, but have you tried rotating the center line 180 degrees and seeing if reversing the offset will help with clearance ?

I have the same issues on my hotrods, and while it usually fixes the pan issue, it gets' pretty tight near the headers (at full lock). Just a suggestion.

Southernman

Yup! Tried that, too. Looks like it needs to be bent slightly forward & downat the ends--kind of a weird tweak, just enough to be a pain in the a$$..............

what is the problem you have incountered? does the drag link hit the hole tube at the back of the pan and link? you might head on over to bigblockdart and check out the tech section under steering.

what is the problem you have incountered? does the drag link hit the hole tube at the back of the pan and link? you might head on over to bigblockdart and check out the tech section under steering.
THANKS! I'll try there, too. This is getting old!:banghead::banghead::banghead:

-
Back