Hemi Block

-

dresselman

Reaction score
Does anyone know what a bare hemi block is worth. A neighbor of a friend had one in his garage and gave it to me. The casting number is 2468330 which I think denotes a 64 to 72, but I'll be damn if I can find a production date on it. Any advice?

Dang, I need a few friends like yours.
Rod

Yeah, sometimes the stuff just falls in your lap. Last month I found a guy with a 77 Ramcharger that looked like it just rolled out of the showroom. He was the original owner and the thing only had 62,000 miles on it. Anyhow, he was gonna build a stroker motor for it, and I picked up the complet 360 for $300. He even had me listen to it run before I bought. So that motor will be going into my Dart. O:)

Does anyone know what a bare hemi block is worth. A neighbor of a friend had one in his garage and gave it to me. The casting number is 2468330 which I think denotes a 64 to 72, but I'll be damn if I can find a production date on it. Any advice?
I am looking for one !
It probaly is a warenty block - No date given.:read2:

Look on the oil pan rail near the tranny end...should have a date stamped in it.

Depends on condition. Lots of hemi block suffered from severe duty drag racing.

The block should have a casting date and numbers stamped on the pad next to the distributor hole

If it's got a vin in the pan rail, and the car is still around, could be worth 3-6K.

-
Back