Hemi Computer Question

-

64 SRT8 Dart

Reaction score
So, eventually I'd like to put a 3G Hemi in the Valiant. To do this would I need a computer from a Hemi car/truck?

I have the opportunity to pull a computer from a 2003 2wd Hemi Ram for $30 at the yard.
If my knowledge serves me correct, the 2003 computer doesn't control transmission shifts/functions. Would this be a good swap computer to snag up?
I plan on building a 727 to put behind the mill.

You want a 2005 Ram computer, 2 or 4wd doesn't matter. Hotwireauto.com will sell you a used one, programmed for $300.

05 were non skim key/security I believe. Non mds but with later model coils too.

I believe they will program it to their specs for manual transmission use (same as 727/904 auto option), you can then use one of the Diablosport tuners if you want to mess around with the tune and other settings. The idea is that you run it with one of their harnesses, so I don't know where you stand if you build your own.

Don't meant o hijack, but I have a 5.7 reprogrammed computer (yet to be installed) but if I upgrade to a 6.1 or 6.4 down the track, do you need the corresponding computer?

Boony, the usual process is to use one of the Diablo tuners to load the 6.1, 6.4 or any other performance tune into your factory 5.7 Ram computer, assuming you are using the Hotwire Auto hacked computer.

Wonder what's so special about the 05?
Do they program it to your specs then you weed out what you don't need in the harness?

the '05 Ram computer is the only year where everything is customizable. You can program whichever transmission that you want with it and gives you no issues. The other years, programmers have issues it making them run correctly.

-
Back