Hemi Dart and Barracuda info needed

-

jtkaaa07

BossMan
Reaction score
Guy’s , I need some info on these cars, specifically approximate build dates? I just received in an A body 4 speed for a friend to rebuild , and I’m thinking it could possibly be out of a factory Hemi A body. I’m posting a pic of the tab on the side of case which shows a build date of February 26 1968. Obviously it’s an 18 spline input shaft, but not sure how I could verify it to be a real A body Hemi box? I took the side cover off, and it has no’s springs or keys in the sync’s, it’s been slick shifted, or “crash boxed” . We’re these sent out this way from Hurst? Also has a solid mount for the Transmission mount, never seen anything like it. It’s boxed and welded, looks like it was professionally done not a scabbed up piece. Anyway I would like any help with identifying if it’s real, or not. I have been rebuilding these Transmissions for a long time and this is the first time seeing a Hemi A body box.

9053EEF5-15FF-4809-998E-EA9DCBCA49D4.jpeg

912184C8-C5F5-49FC-B9ED-1400D3FB15F9.jpeg

Hopefully davescuda will have a reply.....interested to know about this....

Well, look’s like the tail stock is off a 69-71, so that’s not right, C99126 casting number. Only reason I was thinking it may be a real one is because February 20th of 68 is when the factory announced the Hemi Super Stock program with these cars. Might be barking up a dead tree but thought I’d ask lol.

Ok, so with what I found online, it look's like someone converted a 68 B body Hemi 4 speed into an A body 4 speed . The reason I'm coming up with that is the 8G on the VIN pad, 8=1968, and G= St. Louis, and all Hemi SS dart's, and barracuda's came out of Hamtramak , so that eliminates it.

-
Back