Hemi dart scoop

-

dallas ward

Reaction score
I have a 1969 dart and a hemi dart scoop
I know to center it on hood but I need measurements front to back

Sorry no measurements but here's a couple photos of original Hemi dart hoods that may help.

Attachments

• IMG_20150524_151505_231-1.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_20150524_151522_187-1.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 108
I have a 340

Anyone running a race hemi normally has the engine set back to the firewall so you may want to rethink your question as you may have issues.

You also have an issue of a incorrect sized '68 SS scoop. I've ran into this a number of times. Synergy Composites make the only true '68 SS scoop (NHRA approved dimensionally) that I know of. Everybody else copied what they thought was a correct hood scoop. Then of course there are the "outlaw scoops" which a purposely oversized.

I'm sure there are quite a few FABO members here with a '68 SS/AH scoop running a small block 340 or 318, 273 (and I assume a single carb) with no engine set back, that will be able to assist with your question.

For what it's worth my scoop is positioned 2 inches from the trailing edge of the hood but my motor is almost touching the firewall.

FYI - That scoop is going to catch some major air so make sure it's fastened down and properly braced or it will turn into a kite on you in a blink of an eye.

My $.02

:glasses7:

-
Back