hemi dart seat brackets

-

68darrt

Reaction score
hey ya im wondering if anyone knows the dimentions of the aluminum seat brackets used on the '68 hemi darts/barracudas, i want to make them because i really cant afford a kramer set. 8)

I am going to do the same thing. There is a guy here in town that i have meet that has a real hemi dart that he raced back in the day. He told me he would show me pics of the car but Da%@ i want to take my own pictures. As soon as i can get with him i will, but the man don't know me very well so i don't know if he will show me the real car or just pics.

ya that would be great! hopefully at least he could let ya take a measurement of the width and height, ive got tons of pictures of 'em stored on my computer if you need that , but ive never found any dimentions

If you guys have come up with any measurments on the bracket and don't mind sharing your findings i would like to build a set myself. If you can lay a tape beside one and take pics from all angles i can build em. PM me if you have been successful. Thanks

If you guys have come up with any measurments on the bracket and don't mind sharing your findings i would like to build a set myself. If you can lay a tape beside one and take pics from all angles i can build em. PM me if you have been successful. Thanks

I bought a set of these seats and they came with only one set of tracks. My swinger is a 72 original bench seat. I removed the bench tracks and they bolted up exactly in the same holes as the 68 Hemi's. The floor pans were of course different so I bolted on a 2" long x 5/16" threaded hex coupler (I think thats what they are called), on the back only and the seat looks awsume. I couldn't use the original floor pan bolt holes because they were too far forward. I drilled new holes 1 3/4" back from the originals and the seat sits perfect and level. Some may say its Micky Moused but it works on this particular application.

The Jim Schild Authenticity Guide 1968 Dart and Barracuda Hemi Super Stock book has the measurments in it. Go to theautoreview.com
or email at [email protected]
I bought the book and its great, has all part numbers. Good luck guys.

Dan

Don't go on Kramers prices, he buys them, and ads on a healthy profit. You can buy them from the same person he does. Call Gary Ball . He is the one who re-produces them. They're great. I bought a set from him for my '68 SS hemi cuda . I have an original set, but were a little shabby , so bought a new set from Gary. Very nice person. He's been at the Nationals about every year. I believe he'll be there this year. He also makes adapters for the other A-100 type seats so they'll fit the original style brackets and your Mopar. He usually has a ad in Mopar Collector Guide. Give him a call, explain your situation , never know. Probably best to talk in person.

I think I may have an original set somewhere in my garage. I'll try and get some pics up later with measurements for ya.

The 68 set I got from Ball were not correct, I shipped back, no refund since January...

....thanks for the info there on the guide. I just ordered it and when i get it i'll post up pics and measurements for you guys. Thanks again.

-
Back