Hemi Dart tire dimensions

-

68dart340

Reaction score
Hey guys. I am building a Hemi Dart clone, more or less. I will be cutting the wheel wells out to Hemi spec. How tall of a tire will fit? How wide without sticking out past the quarters?

Thanks in advance,

Dan

Hey Dan, what are you using as a template to cut out your wheel wells?? I am also building a SS clone, and have been trying to figure out what to cut, where to cut etc. Let me know. I am north of Winnipeg.
Thanks
Wayne

working on a template currently...my 71 had rust in the wheel wells so i decided to cut rather than repair. eyeballed it and laid out a template fri night and plasma'd them, we think they are a little off when compared to photos of period cars. have 2 more darts in the shop planning to cut also, we will refine the template on them and try to figure out some way to share...

Heres what they look like ...... I have the temp ....

000_0332.jpg

Jim Schild & The Auto Review is coming out with a comprehensive guide to the 68 Hemi Barracudas & Darts. It is supposed to have original drawings & instructions from 68. You can contact them at www.theautoreview.com

lo234me said:
Hey Dan, what are you using as a template to cut out your wheel wells?? I am also building a SS clone, and have been trying to figure out what to cut, where to cut etc. Let me know. I am north of Winnipeg.
Thanks
Wayne

Sorry about the response time. I haven't had too much time to go on the computer lately. If you go to www.bigblockdart.com, the owner of the site does them. It's traced off an original Hemi car on to kraft paper. His username is something along the lines of BJ or BJS, just start a thread on the forum over there and I'm sure he'll see it. :thumbup:

-
Back