Hemi Dart window regulators.

-

Cope

Fusing with fire
Reaction score
Was driving by the local junk yard and figured I'd stop and look for some Hemi Dart window regulators.

Well they didn't have any Hemi Darts but they did have the regulators. I had to look for a bit to find a set in black because when your building a high dollar concours car like mine it has to be perfect........

:)

The kid charged me 3 bucks for both and I got enough to do the rear quarter windows left over.
The dam snaps are way more tricky that I thought they would be. I waisted about 5 on the first door and it's not as good as the second door but I'll get more snaps and redo it at some point, or not.....

20190222_144202_zpsvqtvf6eo.jpg

I dont ever drive the car with the windows half way up, this is just for the track and parking over night.

12 pounds out of each door plus what I cut out of the door so maybe 30 pounds saved total?

I like it! It also give me a reason to remake my door panels. This set never realy made me happy. That's why they just on with Tech screws.

:steering:

Twelve pounds each door? I like it! That means more ice cream and pie for me!

Supposedly that's what the factory 71 crank assembly weighs but I cut a fair amount of sheet metal out to get the crank assembly out with out having to readjust the window tracks.

Cuz I'm lazy and anything I can cut off gets cut off!

Supposedly that's what the factory 71 crank assembly weighs but I cut a fair amount of sheet metal out to get the crank assembly out with out having to readjust the window tracks.

Cuz I'm lazy and anything I can cut off gets cut off!
When I did my 73 duster doors I cut the big girder out the window regulators the window and the inner skin and it was 52 lb out of each door! A mind you added back a plastic window that way in about 2 lb. That was like a hundred pounds off my doors. I put stock doors back on with regular panels and window regulators and man I could barely carry one I could carry both my old doors and one hand. (Metaphorically speaking if it was physically possible LOL)

Also I was surprised at how much lighter my feather duster trunk lid was then my stock one...

I got in a very bad accident in a car one time (T boned) and the crash bar in the door probably saved my leg (it ended up tearing the front end off the other car and pushing the door into my lap but I did crawlout and limp away.) but this car has a full cage with door bars so no safety was removed.

you might want to put a mid position snap so when at the track and you have car #, et or whatever on the window it doesn't get smeared by the window felts in btw rounds, unless you have no window felts.

-
Back