Hemi hood scoop "bars"

-
The way my hood was made there was minimal room for these things. My buddy took some round stainless steel and bent a brace to go under the scoop. Glassed it into the bottom of the scoop and the hood structure....

you can go to Ace hardware or metal yard and buy a short stick of stainless tubing (1/4x20 carriage bolts work great, and use a nylock so you dont have to over tighten it and crack the glass)...

or Home depot had i think it was 1/2" aluminum tubing... thats what i used...

Attachments

• 68 Dart (52).JPG
    159.6 KB · Views: 1,252
  • 100_4905.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 396
Yes, very good info indeed. My hood is a race weight glass and the scoop was molded to the hood from where I bought it (rodandrace). I kinda wished they didnt mold it, because I'm starting to see tiny stress cracks at the opening of the scoop already.Plus thats where we put our hands to lift up the hood to take it off. Im going to do some shopping around and see what I come up with, thanks guys for all the help and ideas!

Yes I was looking to do this as well, but what do you guys do for measuring out how much space in between each bar?

Yes I was looking to do this as well, but what do you guys do for measuring out how much space in between each bar?

either go from the lowest point on the scoop opening or figure a center mark on the scoop

WOW, great thread. Now I am convinced I must have one of these scoops on my car...When we get to that part of it. Lots of good lookin stuff people!

-
Back