hemi intake

-
they dyno tested the intakes in Engine masters just bolted it on but i don't know if i can use the same gaskets it bolts up directly

yes it will bolt up. BUT there will be a port mimatch. You need the 6.1 gaskets. Because the gasket is machined into the manifold, so the 5.7 ones wil not fit. Now the timing cover must be out of a car or needs to be modified to make room forr the throttle body. If you modify a truck manifold you need to build a relocation bracket for the alt and ac comp. If you use a car timing cover and you have truck accessorieys you will ned to replace them with the car stuff

We are happy to release our new adapters for the 5.7 guys/gals wanting to run 6.1 intake manifolds. Check them out:
new_adap.jpg

Now, some of you may be thinking to yourselves "why is the adapter raised around the port?" That's not an optical illusion... we designed these to be used with thermal gaskets in order to give the user the best possible combination of parts and more importantly... power.

new_adap_1.jpg

Introductory pricing will be $335 for the adapter/gasket combo.
If you are not interested in the thermal gaskets, we offer standard adapters for $225.
Package pricing is available if you want to get these with a manifold and/or porting.
PM or give the shop a call

link to the shop

http://www.modernmuscleperformance.com/

I did some chatting with Dave Weber at Modern Muscle about buying a 6.1 intake. Here is what he wrote:

"The best way to go would be to port your 5.7 head and do some rework on the plastic intake. We offer a ported 5.7 big valve head that will out flow a 6.1 head. The original plastic intake will make more bottom end than the 6.1 with adapters. Give me a call if you want to discuss a complete package for your car."

Something to think about...

I did some chatting with Dave Weber at Modern Muscle about buying a 6.1 intake. Here is what he wrote:

"The best way to go would be to port your 5.7 head and do some rework on the plastic intake. We offer a ported 5.7 big valve head that will out flow a 6.1 head. The original plastic intake will make more bottom end than the 6.1 with adapters. Give me a call if you want to discuss a complete package for your car."

Something to think about...
Yes a ported 5.7 head will outflow a stock 6.1 head but for the same money you could have ported 6.1 heads and outflow most high dollar heads for the other guys motors. I have spoke to Dave before too and he is milking this thing for all it's worth.

You could spend a few hours with a dremel and a set of 6.1 gaskets and blend the ports on the 5.7 heads to get a smoother transition from the intake to the head.

Here is my adapter for using a truck engine and car intake. They are 1.5 inches tall, which gives ya 1/4 inch above the truck timing cover for tb clearence. They were machined on a cnc at work and uses the stock gaskets. Material cost was 70 bones for the billet and 3 hours of machine time. Fab a couple of brackets for the alt. and ac compressor and your in busness. These will help tremedously with the low end torque.

Attachments

• brake line2242010 016.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 377
looks good man but it seems to me it would have been easier to mill down the truck timing cover in the center. To clear the intake manifold. But I'm not a machinest, so I could be wrong. I just can't see running a 1.5 inch spacer. Seems a little exssive to me. But hey whatever works works right?

Here is my adapter for using a truck engine and car intake. They are 1.5 inches tall, which gives ya 1/4 inch above the truck timing cover for tb clearence. They were machined on a cnc at work and uses the stock gaskets. Material cost was 70 bones for the billet and 3 hours of machine time. Fab a couple of brackets for the alt. and ac compressor and your in busness. These will help tremedously with the low end torque.
do you still have the program to do another set?

Yes, I still have the program.

Now the runners are longer and I'll make more low end torque. Seems like a fair trade to me.

I have know idea. I wasn't planning on "mass producing" yhem. Let me look into it, and see what I can come up with.

Also forgot to say, the ac compressor hit the manifold, so hence the spacers and moving the alt and ac to a more eye pleasing spot.

Talked to my buddy that wrote the program and runs our machine shop at work and also my boss, the owner. The price to get these done would be too damn high in my book, closr to 335 bones. Shop time or in this case machine time runs a buck a minute, 3 hours per pair, cost of the billet, and a few special cutters, orings and packaging. The company would make alittle, I would make alittle, and someone would pay alot. Not what I have in mind. I would need to make 30 pairs for the cost to come down to 215, and I just dont see this happening.If I do decide to make another set, I'm going to look into delrin, it has better heat , or less heat transfer is what I'm trying to say.

I got the adapter plates from Dave Weber at Modern muscle. Works great! Hell, I got just about every thing for my swap fuel rails fuel pump gas tank.

-
Back