Hemi swap in stages???

-

d100clubcab

Reaction score
I'm midstroke of completing a mild mannered 408 (having rotating assembly need to send block to machine shop to get worked over) to go in my D100 truck.

over the weekend i somehow got the bright idea of forgoing the 408 stroker and just putting in an 2013 (or 2003) Hemi a 5.7 that is.

So I'm sitting back reading up and it seems like the most difficult part would be sorting out the engine computer controls and listening to a loud external fuel pump.

I'm going to mate this to an A518 that I already have and was going to use for the 408 anyway.
was going to feed the 408 speed demon carb with a Walbro 255
but am indecisive if i should try to fabup an intank version
or just hang it on the frame rail
if i can hear it above my dual 40 series and teeny stereo then that thing is LOUD

ok, so tell me, can I go ahead and install the A518 and Walbro 255 for my LA series small block NOW
and then when I'm ready, swap in the Hemi, computer and tune the fuel regulator?

i don't have A/C now so that's not a concern

ultimately, i'd like my powerplant to be like this:
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQR4ibOcl8s"]1974 Dodge D100 Club Cab at Gateway Classic Cars - St. Louis Showroom - YouTube[/ame]

this guy used the 5rf45ejklmnop but I'll keep it simple and use the A518 with BPE/Lokar kickdown

-
Back