Hemi Swap Wiring Harness

-

kb67mopar

Reaction score
Hey Guys, I'm new to FABO but a senior member over on FBBO. I have read through a lot of your guy's posts here on the Hemi swaps but so far between the two boards have yet to find somebody who has produced a wiring diagram for a do it yourself harness.

I am a reasonably intelligent guy but not an electrician or automotive technician so I was hoping one of you guys has this written down.

Basically I am sliding a 03 5.7 into my 67 Coronet. I have an 04 computer and part of an 03 harness but am looking for an 04 harness to start my wiring project. I will be running a 5-speed manual so no need for the trans wiring.

Aside from paying $950 for a harness, does anybody have a diagram? This could save all of us money in the long run.

i have one PM me your email address. I did the same thing you are talking about. I did this exact wiring diagram to a T. When you are ready to start on the harness, PM me and i will give you my number so you know what to keep and what not to.

it is from a 04 ram pcm.

good luck

justin

That will help , But you'll need more than that..I'll post the ECM pin~outs so anyone can look here and see them...Rapidtransentric sent me over from another sight to give you a hand..Are you going with electronic gauges , speedo , tach , etc..?
I've put a 04' 5.7 Hemi in a 01' Dakota Quad cab and one in a 02' Ram quad, But never to a non efi car. It will be interesting to see how you do..I'll start posting pin~outs tonight when I get time to sit down and do it...

Attachments

• pictures 503.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 2,501
That will help , But you'll need more than that..I'll post the ECM pin~outs so anyone can look here and see them...Rapidtransentric sent me over from another sight to give you a hand..Are you going with electronic gauges , speedo , tach , etc..?
I've put a 04' 5.7 Hemi in a 01' Dakota Quad cab and one in a 02' Ram quad, But never to a non efi car. It will be interesting to see how you do..I'll start posting pin~outs tonight when I get time to sit down and do it...

Thanks, I am sure it will help. I still have to find a wiring harness to use as a starting point. If anybody knows of an 04-07 harness reasonable let me know.

HemiDakota, you weren't the guy with that yellow dakota I think I saw a few videos of a while ago?

I had thought about doing that to my 02 dakota but then I decided to just buy an 04 Hemi ram instead.

Thanks, I am sure it will help. I still have to find a wiring harness to use as a starting point. If anybody knows of an 04-07 harness reasonable let me know.

HemiDakota, you weren't the guy with that yellow dakota I think I saw a few videos of a while ago?

I had thought about doing that to my 02 dakota but then I decided to just buy an 04 Hemi ram instead.
My Dakota is silver..He has video's on you tube under Yellow Dak ? Or Yellow Koda ? I posted the 2004 Pin~outs a while back on Custom Dakota .com. If I could retrieve them and bring them here It would be nice..
I have a 2004 harness but I think it's missing a few plugs. I also have a PCM if you need it..
Personally , I would get the harness from a junkyard along with the PCM , Drive by wire box , and whetever else you need from the same truck..
Next time you go to youtube check out Hemi Powered Dakota burnout by GeoHemi ? That's mine..I'll get the pin~outs on here soon..

Oh~ Thanks Rapid......

Rapid... Can you post a link to Custom Dakotas here for Kb67Mopar.. I have already posted Pin~outs for 03' - 04' Hemi Ram and 01' Dakotas there ..Thanks ....

My Dakota is silver..He has video's on you tube under Yellow Dak ? Or Yellow Koda ? I posted the 2004 Pin~outs a while back on Custom Dakota .com. If I could retrieve them and bring them here It would be nice..
I have a 2004 harness but I think it's missing a few plugs. I also have a PCM if you need it..
Personally , I would get the harness from a junkyard along with the PCM , Drive by wire box , and whetever else you need from the same truck..
Next time you go to youtube check out Hemi Powered Dakota burnout by GeoHemi ? That's mine..I'll get the pin~outs on here soon..

Oh~ Thanks Rapid......

Thanks for the pin out post. I haven't been able to find a truck in a local yard that will let me pull the parts. So far its been a pain to find the harness. I've got an 04 pcm already just need a harness with fuse block.

This will also be a little different then wiring up one of these in a dakota since the computer won't have any of the vehicle to talk to, only the engine without a trans.

Thanks for the pin out post. I haven't been able to find a truck in a local yard that will let me pull the parts. So far its been a pain to find the harness. I've got an 04 pcm already just need a harness with fuse block.

This will also be a little different then wiring up one of these in a dakota since the computer won't have any of the vehicle to talk to, only the engine without a trans.

Most people who do the swap you're doing change the fuel injection over to carb , get a distributor kit , and what they call a "FAST" kit..BUT that's not a poor man build.."Although worth it", It's quite expensive . HotRod.com has some info you might find interesting ..

Most people who do the swap you're doing change the fuel injection over to carb , get a distributor kit , and what they call a "FAST" kit..BUT that's not a poor man build.."Although worth it", It's quite expensive . HotRod.com has some info you might find interesting ..

Yeah I know they all want that old style look with the air cleaner on top of the engine. On top of that they usually are afraid of fuel injection. Us youngsters \\:D/ tend to refer to carb's as controlled fuel leaks and prefer something as easily tunable as a fuel injection system. That and I like never having to worry about cold starts, jetting, etc. Plus modern fuel injection prevents the engine from running excessively rich thus not washing lube from the cyl walls and keeping the rings from wearing the bore.

Anyway, I have my own reasons. I just like fuel injection, its what I know and understand. Carb's have me lost. Once I get my harness (if I can ever find one) I will start stripping accoriding to the pin-outs and wiring diagrams and see what i can get rid of. I also have to check with either hotrodlane or hotwireauto to see what features can be removed and what has to stay to know what I can cut out all together. My goal is to have the stock computer control my engine with no check engine codes so I can run a MIL on the dash and not have it always illuminated. It should be a challenge for sure.:violent1:

I have a wiring harness and PDC. The wiring harness is already marked , each wire has a tag on it with the number and what it goes to..I'll send pics email if you want to see it..write, [email protected]..
You'll have to get a throttle controller box and the Hemi computer .. I don't have either..

I have a wiring harness and PDC. The wiring harness is already marked , each wire has a tag on it with the number and what it goes to..I'll send pics email if you want to see it..write, [email protected]..
You'll have to get a throttle controller box and the Hemi computer .. I don't have either..

Email Sent...thanks

glad to see this is working out:happy8:

-
Back