HEMI WON DRAG WEEK

-

famous bob

mopar misfit
Reaction score
Any one watch the full video of Finnegan winning drag week w/ the blashemi 55 chevy ?
Dont know what yr or how old it is/was . Being a hemi , I was pulling for him and glad he did it ! Altho they sure made some dumb mistakes on his hemis , I thot , and that fuel injection system he used actually sucked , I thot !

Any one watch the full video of Finnegan winning drag week w/ the blashemi 55 chevy ?
Dont know what yr or how old it is/was . Being a hemi , I was pulling for him and glad he did it ! Altho they sure made some dumb mistakes on his hemis , I thot , and that fuel injection system he used actually sucked , I thot !
That hemi in that thing is not the original 426Hemi that was originally installed into that 55. A year or so before he won drag week, he blew that one up. The engine that one the 2019 drag week was an all aluminum 600+ cube monster top with a Holley EFI Live system.

He has since blown that one up too and I believe he’s now running an even bigger one, saw something on his page a while back about breaking the 2500 hp mark

this was taken in 2019, about 3 months after Drag week

4E7418D6-E4D4-4D51-897B-DE534CEC7303.jpeg

Last edited:
That hemi in that thing is not the original 426Hemi that was originally installed into that 55. A year or so before he won drag week, he blew that one up. The engine that one the 2019 drag week was an all aluminum 600+ cube monster top with a Holley EFI Live system.

He has since blown that one up too and I believe he’s now running an even bigger one, saw something on his page a while back about breaking the 2500 hp mark

this was taken in 2019, about 3 months after Drag week
View attachment 1715748000

knew that , think he`s messed up 5 according to what frieburger said .
I ran one for 14 yrs . , never had anything but a dropped valve , and a 727 explosion, and numerous 8 3/4 rears , before going to a dana60 .
Guess those guys have unlimited (t v $) funds .

knew that , think he`s messed up 5 according to what frieburger said .
I ran one for 14 yrs . , never had anything but a dropped valve , and a 727 explosion, and numerous 8 3/4 rears , before going to a dana60 .
Guess those guys have unlimited (t v $) funds .
I’m sure that definitely factors in. Unlimited resources means you can push the envelope a lot closer to the edge than us common joes. But also a couple of those were assembled on a picnic table by the guys themselves.

I’m sure that definitely factors in. Unlimited resources means you can push the envelope a lot closer to the edge than us common joes. But also a couple of those were assembled on a picnic table by the guys themselves.

Yeah I saw them screwing up while they were doing it .
NOT THAT I HAVEN`T EVER SCREWED UP !

-
Back