Hemikiller, we need more pics of your Dart!!

-

az426hemi

Reaction score
Check out Hemikillers pics of his 64 straight axle Dart in the Photo Garage.

I need to see more pics of this car!!

Mike

Oh Man...I LOVE IT!!!!

I have been thinking a lot about that lately. I have a set of early A body Jardine fenderwell headers for an RB block that I picked up that are just asking to be connected to a stroked 440 ...and dropped into my 64 Dart with a straight axle.

How cool would it be to rumble into a car show with uncorked headers in a straight axle old school dart...I think this combo would be the hit of any car show, and probably run like a scalded dog...Might be a little hairy to hang on to...but a lot of fun.

Is anyone manufacturing straight axle conversions still? I live right down the street from Blairs speed shop in Pasadena...I stopped to talk to the owner, and he has not done a straight axle conversion since the 70's.

Such a cool ride.

We definitely need more details.

Thanks,
Clint S
San Gabriel

Here you go!! She is still a work in progress let me know any specific pics you need better detail and I will take them for you.

IMG_0190_1_1.JPG

IMG_0220_1_2_1.JPG

IMG_0232_1_1.jpg

IMG_0260_1_1_1.JPG

IMG_0264_1_1_1.JPG

Drool....

So, did you do the conversion? If so, which axle did you use? I see disk brakes, do you know where they came from?

How much did you narrow the rear axle? What tire size are you running in the back?

What else do you have to do to finish the car?

Very cool!

Thank You!

Clint S

Drool is right!!!
Hemikiller you have opened a hole new candy store!! :blob:

NICE :wav:

Well, unfortunatly I can not take credit for the build so far on this car.( I hate having to admit that) I got the deal of the centry on this one. The guy needed out and could not finish It and I was in the right place at the right time with the right amount of cash!! The front axle is a piece from MAS racing along with all the parts, you just give them dimensions of what you want and they build it I have all the part# if anyone is interested. The axle is about 50" across, the spindles are 50's area chevy and the brakes are mustang II It is still are very crude mock up. I am going to put in a vega box or a rack and pinion set up for the steering. The origianal box is in now but I don't like it. If I go with a vega or rack there will be tons of room for any header set up. Still need to locate a place for shocks and build in the elephant ears. It has a 4 speed hump that needs to be re-fabbed for an automatic. The whole front suspension needs to be done then taken apart powdercoated and put back in. The motor is done just needs to be assembled and dynoed. The rear of the car is done except I am going to locate the front of the springs in the frame, now they are welded on top this will bring the back down more and really make the front sit up like a true gasser would. I should have it complete by summer I hope. Here are some more pics of the front end.

IMG_0307_1_1.JPG

IMG_0308_1_1.JPG

IMG_0310_1_1.JPG

IMG_0312_1_1.JPG

IMG_0223_1_1.JPG

That would be cool if you could list the part numbers for the straight axle.

Thanks,
Mike

Man , I like it .... sweet work , who ever did it !! Guess you where in the right place at the right time, WOW !!

-
Back