Here is my 1972 Genuine Mexican Super Bee.

-
Hi everyone! Thanks for letting me join the group. I live in the Dallas Fort Worth Metroplex and I own a 1972 Mexican Super Bee. It's very rare and I will export it to the US very soon. It was the Mexican 318 with the 270 HP, a 4 speed manual transmission with a Hurst shifter. It in great shape! I have attached a few pictures for your enjoyment. Leo

View attachment 1716146700

View attachment 1716146701

View attachment 1716146702

View attachment 1716146703

View attachment 1716146704

View attachment 1716146705

View attachment 1716146706

View attachment 1716146707

View attachment 1716146708

View attachment 1716146709
Wow just wow! Stunning!

Very nice. Is it going to be expensive to import?
No, it's not expensive. The importation process is very straightforward. What is expensive is the transport from Central Mexico to Laredo. Then it goes from Laredo to Dallas.

El Diablo

mexican-valiant-super-bee-digitally-restomodded-with-hellcat-v8-swap_2.jpg

mexican-valiant-super-bee-digitally-restomodded-with-hellcat-v8-swap_1.jpg

mexican-valiant-super-bee-digitally-restomodded-with-hellcat-v8-swap_9.jpg

While in Mexico I saw a Valiant/Superbee. It was a 76/77 with a 360. Sounded nice and looked very different. I noticed that there was no badging of Plymouth or Dodge. While talking with the station owner. I asked. "Which is it? Valiant is a Plymouth. Superbee is a Dodge?" The only answer I got was "Si Senor"

But I do know. Me wanted. But not for sale. Or any idea how to get it back and registered in Minnesota. Just that me wanted.

While in Mexico I saw a Valiant/Superbee. It was a 76/77 with a 360. Sounded nice and looked very different. I noticed that there was no badging of Plymouth or Dodge. While talking with the station owner. I asked. "Which is it? Valiant is a Plymouth. Superbee is a Dodge?" The only answer I got was "Si Senor"

But I do know. Me wanted. But not for sale. Or any idea how to get it back and registered in Minnesota. Just that me wanted.
Si señor lol. Ok it's neither a Dodge or Plymouth branded car in Mexico. Technically it's a Valiant Super Bee by Chrysler. After 1970, there were no Plymouth branded cars sold in Mexico. Valiant was a brand unto itself in the Chrysler of Mexico portfolio. So there was Chrysler, Dodge, Valiant and Dodge Trucks sold in Mexico.

To get it registered in the US, you need to have it legally imported by a Customs Broker who will draw the paperwork. Once you have the paperwork, then you take it to US Customs where they verify that the paperwork is correct and will conduct a physical inspection of the car. Finally you pay the applicable duties if merited then you get the paperwork (from US Customs) indicating that the vehicle was legally imported into the United States. If the car is 25 years or older they are exempt from EPA emissions.

Once you have the importation paperwork, go to your state's DMV and follow their guidelines to register the car.

Si señor lol. Ok it's neither a Dodge or Plymouth branded car in Mexico. Technically it's a Valiant Super Bee by Chrysler. After 1970, there were no Plymouth branded cars sold in Mexico. Valiant was a brand unto itself in the Chrysler of Mexico portfolio. So there was Chrysler, Dodge, Valiant and Dodge Trucks sold in Mexico.

To get it registered in the US, you need to have it legally imported by a Customs Broker who will draw the paperwork. Once you have the paperwork, then you take it to US Customs where they verify that the paperwork is correct and will conduct a physical inspection of the car. Finally you pay the applicable duties if merited then you get the paperwork (from US Customs) indicating that the vehicle was legally imported into the United States. If the car is 25 years or older they are exempt from EPA emissions.

Once you have the importation paperwork, go to your state's DMV and follow their guidelines to register the car.
I can't imagine it would be much different from importing my Monaco from Canada. It took longer to get someone to tell me the paperwork required, than it did bringing it across. Canada customs people I spoke with were not helpful at all. The broker I found was heaven sent.

-
Back