here it comes Colorado

-
i moved here in 1978. i remember a blizzard we had in 1998(?) ,there were complete drifts coming off of king soopers and the city was at a stand still. i think it was close to 4 feet total. i have friends that live in aurora, highlands ranch and the cherry creek area, but i have never lived there. i have been meaning to get a generator , but i have been procrastinating , now i wish i had lol

i go up to the u pull n pays and i have bought a ton of parts from folks up there. i usually end up going up there to get most of my mopar parts because they are just about non existant down here. i love denver, mopars at thunder mountain, been to bandamere a number of times

I have some Omaha Beef coolers I could fill with genuine Lakewood Colorado snow. :) I suppose I'd have to find some dry ice somewhere to keep it cool. :)

i moved here in 1978. i remember a blizzard we had in 1998(?) ,there were complete drifts coming off of king soopers and the city was at a stand still. i think it was close to 4 feet total. i have friends that live in aurora, highlands ranch and the cherry creek area, but i have never lived there. i have been meaning to get a generator , but i have been procrastinating , now i wish i had lol

i go up to the u pull n pays and i have bought a ton of parts from folks up there. i usually end up going up there to get most of my mopar parts because they are just about non existant down here. i love denver, mopars at thunder mountain, been to bandamere a number of times

No, no, no! Denver sucks! I'd much rather live in Falcon than denver. Get that generator....

Bandimere does rock and I have a class championship drag racing my bike there. ;)

Got about 18 on the ground and still coming down,and the wind is still blowing like hell. Horses are stuck in the barn, have a 5 foot drift blocking the doors.

Got about 18 on the ground and still coming down,and the wind is still blowing like hell. Horses are stuck in the barn, have a 5 foot drift blocking the doors.
where is Strasburg? cant believe i havent heard of it. you guys are getting it there to i see

No, no, no! Denver sucks! I'd much rather live in Falcon than denver. Get that generator....

Bandimere does rock and I have a class championship drag racing my bike there. ;)
it is really nice out here in the summer. i certianly hate the traffic up there, but i love the surrounding areas. the mile high nationals are a real kick in the butt too.

Strasburg is about 40 miles south east of Denver. Just north of Kiowa.

Power went out for about 2 hours or so here in Lakewood and just got restored. I was just running a 12/2 outdoor cord from the van inverter when everything came back up.

Snow still coming down. :hello1:

My only two worries were the freezer (duh, put all the frozen goods in the snow) and heat. No fireplace, but pretty sure the van inverter would run the fan for my propane heater. Well stocked on candles and batteries, have propane and kerosene lamps..... kinda hoped it would last longer,, lol.

Dogs and I went on a mission..... get the mail, lol! They were romping with Maxi always trying to figure out where I'm going and ahead of me and Mr. Merlin always walking on my right hip like a trusty .45 Colt. No leash, not needed... It was awesome. I almost wish I were born 150 years ago as I feel I would've done just fine.

I am looking forward to the day Buddy does that Joe, Like a trusty Colt 45 :D
wow!! I wake up to see this thread and enjoying a fun read with pictures :toothy2:
X2 on living back 150 years ago, trapping/snaring food for me and doing some horse trading with folks 10 miles away :coffee2:

Yall stay safe and stay off the roads unless you have the right auto to get out and about (like ramcharger QuadZilla) :happy1:
I bet he has a thermos full of hot coffee and out in his ramcharger this morning looking for folks that needs a tow :D

Enjoy all that snow. Go skiing or snowmobiling, or snowboarding.

Or invent a new snow sport...

I am looking forward to the day Buddy does that Joe, Like a trusty Colt 45 :D
wow!! I wake up to see this thread and enjoying a fun read with pictures :toothy2:
X2 on living back 150 years ago, trapping/snaring food for me and doing some horse trading with folks 10 miles away :coffee2:

Yall stay safe and stay off the roads unless you have the right auto to get out and about (like ramcharger QuadZilla) :happy1:
I bet he has a thermos full of hot coffee and out in his ramcharger this morning looking for folks that needs a tow :D

Mike, take Buddy out for a walk in the woods and instead of just walking him, let him off the leash and try to hide from him.... Constanly run away from him and he'll try to find you, guaranteed..... Eventually, he'll always try to seek you out and he'll walk by your side. ;)

Enjoy all that snow. Go skiing or snowmobiling, or snowboarding.

Or invent a new snow sport...

4WD ballet? :lol:

Hopefully you got the horses dug out?

it is really nice out here in the summer. i certianly hate the traffic up there, but i love the surrounding areas. the mile high nationals are a real kick in the butt too.

I'm only about 15 minutes from Bandimere, you'll need to drop by on your way this summer. :burnout:

It's still snowing up here in Divide, looks like it's coming to a end though. All together I would say we have somewhere between 1-2 feet

snow004.jpg

I'm only about 15 minutes from Bandimere, you'll need to drop by on your way this summer. :burnout:
i will probably take the charger up to mopars at thunder mountain this year, and then probably to the mile high nationals. do you go to these shows and the drag races?

Actually, I'm about 35 minutes west of Colorado Springs (9300ft). Up past Woodland Park.
you guys got some good snow up there. it didnt snow for crap in the springs but we got 18" at my house out here in falcon/peyton. calhan got 26" in some places , which is only 6 miles from here.

Gave the old Farmal a good work out, got the drive opend up. Made it back to the horses and were thay ready to get out of the barn. As soon as I broke through the drift they followed the tractor out and they were gone. Ended up with anywhere from 18- 24 inches with 3-4 foot drifts.

Send some of that our way (not all of it though and you can keep the wind). I bought a new snowblower last year for our "Blizzard of the Century" and have only used it three times so far - including the "blizzard" (which wasn't all they hyped it to be).

Gotta love Colorado. Last night could barely get the wife's van out of the driveway, only got 14" here, but heavy wet stuff. This morning left for the swap meet about 10, interstate was clear and mostly dry, got back this afternoon and only have about 5" left on the grass, but lots of little lakes along the streets.

Gotta love Colorado. Last night could barely get the wife's van out of the driveway, only got 14" here, but heavy wet stuff. This morning left for the swap meet about 10, interstate was clear and mostly dry, got back this afternoon and only have about 5" left on the grass, but lots of little lakes along the streets.

I got up about 5 to go to the Tri State Swap Meet, got there at 8, went in and was there looking around for about 15 minutes when I got the dreaded call to come into work. Worked till 6 that evening. Oh well, maybe next year I can enjoy it!

I probably would have stayed longer but my pager went off as well. Was able to pick up a tranny for my chevy truck and some cheap paint to learn how to shoot again. Very little mopar stuff from what I saw, one mopar in the car corral used car section, a 76 RamCharger was being pushed in right when I was leaving. Thought about picking up a 70 Camaro that was there, but have too many projects and not enough space the way it was. Sounds like we'll be getting snow and cold all this week.

There was more Mopar stuff there this year than in the past. I made it in to the meet Sunday. I was selling, upper floor on the back wall. Colohusker, did you buy anything?

-
Back