here you go bob lol..a little mock up work

-

earthmover

in the tire smoke
Reaction score
just testing things out while i had a chance to work on the car..just to make sure if the motor would fit with the big old oil pan..and it dont gonna have to cut some of the center out of the cross member ..will take about a 2" wide section and about 13" long and box it all back in...
http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l548/bigmike540/IMG_20120822_212229.jpg

http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l548/bigmike540/IMG_20120822_212245-1.jpg

:D:D:D:D:D:D

the white out spot is the spot that has to go...i have thought about cutting the complete center out and box the ends up but not to sure....

Attachments

• 00000.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 423
here you can see a better pic of the 2 cross members ..the 1 with the rack will not be touched ..the 1 with the bottom a arms will need just a little took out to clear the front of the oil pan..really i could get by with 1/2" but thought with the motor plate and a little flex back and forth just add a little more to clear things...

Attachments

• 0001.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 398
i think this is a better pic with the arrows pointing to the cross members..gotta get better at this posting pic thing..lol:D:D:D

Attachments

• 0002.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 344
i'd suggest that you only take as little as posible so that you can still get the diaper in and out. have you trial fit the headers yet?

man, that motor looks damn good sitting in there.

may i also suggest that you put tape over the intake ports. ya never know what could find their way into the motor. one time i found a valve body valve stuck in a port on top of the valve. it was after it hurt the motor though. lesson learned, got no idea how in got in there.

You couldn't just use a low dragster pan on that car instead of cutting the crossmember?

i could just take a 1/2" and it will clear no problem..just thought i would need a little more to help with before and after movement on the motor...but i will see before i cut anything..:prayer::prayer::prayer::prayer:

i'd suggest that you only take as little as posible so that you can still get the diaper in and out. have you trial fit the headers yet?

man, that motor looks damn good sitting in there.

may i also suggest that you put tape over the intake ports. ya never know what could find their way into the motor. one time i found a valve body valve stuck in a port on top of the valve. it was after it hurt the motor though. lesson learned, got no idea how in got in there.

hey bob it has clear tape over the ports..lol as far as the headers go it is going to be tight with them around the steering shaft be should be able to get them in there...if not i will just have to make a set and sell them...really ready get on the ball with it so i can atlease get everything painted up cage and rear wise ..working on my to do list also...gonna try and pick up a tank of gas for the welder today got my reg. yest. also gotta go get some tire for my dump so i can work tonight.... lot to do in a short time ..:prayer::prayer::prayer::prayer:

-
Back