Here's an idea that I have had for a while

-

mrtires24

Reaction score
I have had this idea for a while now, I don't think time would permit it to happen this spring, or even this summer. fall at the earliest. But here is what I have had in the back of my mind.

My dad passed away a couple years ago. I have always wanted to do a donation to the diabetes society. A short time after his passing, I found this site. and I have seen how much of a network the fabo people are. I was thinking of trying to plan some sort of a cruise fundraiser. But instead of everyone meeting and going for a cruise together We would do a small portion each, across canada, and the USA. My initial plan was to try and find an A body that would be passed on to the next person to drive to the next and so on, But I think it would be too dificult to try and find a reliable car to do it with. It would also be difficult because someone would have to insure it, and trust possible 100 people driving it.

But then I got a second Idea...

What if I started out with a spare tire/rim, and I threw it on my car it would be decorated in some way. maybe with names of people who donated or something. and I would drive to the next person, and swap the spare tire onto there car, and they would do the next part of the journey. Kinda like passing a torch, but its a spare tire.

people who have the spare tire at the time, could go to a car show with it on, and explain what they are doing, and accept donations to the cause. then off they would drive to the next member, and they would have to complete the next portion of the journy.

I know this would be a BIG thing to plan. But I think it would be a great fundraiser.

after all we all like driving our mopars, and meeting new people.

what do you guys think? It would prob be a better thing to plan over this year and do next spring.

Phil

Sounds like a very good idea. If I may, though, perhaps two spares? We're dealing with A-bods: big and small bolt pattern cars and this way everyone who wants to has a chance to participate.

It's a good idea and worth exploring. And as a pastor of mine used to say "Nice idea when you are going to implement it?" I don't mean that in a bad way. It's your baby: time to drum up support, and once you get the support, time to run with it. I'm all ears. And willing to help.

A very creative idea mrtires24 :cheers: When the wheel and tire makes it here I will pass it to the next member to the south and so on. :happy10:

Sounds like a very good idea. If I may, though, perhaps two spares? We're dealing with A-bods: big and small bolt pattern cars and this way everyone who wants to has a chance to participate.

It's a good idea and worth exploring. And as a pastor of mine used to say "Nice idea when you are going to implement it?" I don't mean that in a bad way. It's your baby: time to drum up support, and once you get the support, time to run with it. I'm all ears. And willing to help.

I thought they make a rim with sb and BB patern on it. I could be wrong.

Somepeople won't be able to drive with it on there car anyways due to the tire not being the same size as the ones they have on there car.

Ideally, I would want to get a rim with both sets of bolt patterns.

i was also thinking $50 per person that does a portion of the trip. reasonable amount of money. 100 people = $5,000 + money donated at car shows along the way

Realisticly this prob should be planned for next spring/summer. and maybe even into the fall. It will take a while to go across the majority of North america.

One thing that I do like about this idea is that I can plan it out, map it out, find people who want to do a leg of the journey. and knowone needs to give any money or time up front. I think the worst part about some of these great ideas is that they sometimes flop, and then it is the kind people that donate time or money that feal screwed. i don't think I would ask for the donations from the drivers till 3 monthes befor hand.

If this remotly interests you, just let me know on this post. I am going to try and get a decent sized map and that way I can write down who would drive and where they will drive to.

I also would like to think that I am somewhat a credible person on here so that should put some peice of mind to you.

Phil

-
Back