Hey all

-

TrailBeast

AKA Mopars4us on Youtube
Reaction score
I run a stock 318 two barrel on a daily driver and am interested in swapping out the intake and carb.
I picked up a 318/360 Edelbrock performer intake a few days ago and don't know what carb to look for.
Keep in mind I can't throw money at it like some are able to do (Good for them)
Also, I want to be able to put a new mild cam and lifters in it later when I can without having to change carb again.

Everything I read seems point to a Thermo quad as being a good streetable option to add a little reliable performance to a daily driver.
Currently all stock exhaust. (May change later)

Suggestions?
Brand?
Size?

I've been around for awhile, and although I'm not a newbie to this kind of hobby at all, I don't know a lot about carb preferences and changeovers.
Not NEAR as much as some of you guy's.

Welcome to FABO!

I need to start putting feelers out for a four barrel to go on an Edelbrock Performer dual plane manifold that would be a good choice for my use.

I drive the car pretty much every day to appointments for the business.
Stock fresh 318 with a 904 (may get a light cam later)
Stock exhaust manifolds.

Does anyone have something that they can turn loose of for a fair price, or maybe recommend one I can look for?

Thanks

A Holley 600 would be a great choice.

There was a "New in box" 600 for sale on craigslist the other day for $100, but I wanted to wait and find out what the carb people thought.:banghead:

Thanks for the reply.
I think I may run down to the local pick and pull to see if they have anything.

A Holley 600 would be a great choice.

i use a 600 holley 1850. good carb. a popular carb seems to be the edelbrock performer 1405 or 1406 . i have a few of these and they work good but i prefer the holley.

-
Back