Hey all

-

73VAswngr

Reaction score
Hey everybody, I'm Russ. I just bought my first "old" car a couple months ago, a 73 Dodge Dart Swinger. I know ZERO about cars...just changed oil for the first time last weekend and had my neighbor help me install some super stock springs. I'm looking forward to learning on the Swinger and some day hope to get some more horsepower out of the slant-6 (if possible) or do an engine swap. The car is in great shape...I'm getting some quarter panel rust mitigation done next week and ponying up some money to turn the vinyl top into a hardtop (and get rid of the rust underneath). I'm going to be asking lots of questions over the next few years, especially about more horsepower options!

IMG_1646.JPG

Welcome, nice Dart, you have come to the right place for info. There isn't anything you can do to the Dart that hasn't been done by someone here and they will share all their info. I see a HEMI in your future lol
Bruce

Welcome aboard... and do not worry about getting more horses out of your slant 6... I have seen some pumping out 600+hp!!

600?!? I'd be happy with 300! I work with a big block ford guy and a small block Chevy guy that told me to dump the Dart and get a Chevy with a v8. I'd love to see some jaws drop!

600?!? I'd be happy with 300! I work with a big block ford guy and a small block Chevy guy that told me to dump the Dart and get a Chevy with a v8. I'd love to see some jaws drop!

They just say that because they are scared of your cars potential!!! Welcome aboard.

lol i have a ford friend that always talks down to chryslers but when he found out i was building a screamin small block for my duster he went and bought a centrifical supercharger and intercooler the week later for his 302 haha he still wont be able to touch me

Nice car, I had a lime green one 5 years ago...

If you have questions on the swap, make a forum..you will get all your answers.

Phil

-
Back