Hey Chicago, here it comes...

-
I left for work this morning a little later than usual, right when the snow started lol... I got to see a full size shitvorlet truck smash into a mini van.... it's begun!

So many people drive like idiots when the roads are perfectly dry...add a little moisture = bigger idiots, add snow = absolute morons.

Forget that, they're total tools, even on good days. :disgust:

I found many people are scary crazy while driving ?? Was chatting with this one cashier last winter talking about the snow, she goes "I was so scared driving in the heavy snow that I was on the phone with my mom the whole time"

So that is what we are dealing with, people in their 30's crying on their cell phones that they are scared of sliding out. Why they go 15 mph when they easily could go 25--30 mph--and a FWD car with good tires can do 45--50 but now is chancing a wipe out.

The temps are not even that cold, should be a wet "sticky" snow , a bear to shovel but easier to drive on vs zero degree temps. Edit..its only 17 in St Louie ? That's cold, its still 40 here

I hope the 10 day forecast is correct for DE-troit, should be upper 30's again Mon=Tue and next weekend. That would be great, DET is to get only 2 inches, 1 tonight and 1 more tomorrow, maybe it all be gone in a few days.

Yep. I started my "winter" projects, i.e. pulling headers etc to get my steering box off, a month ago. Had I known, I would have been cruising in the Duster for the last 4 weekends. :wack:
mine is togather but stored few miles away.but buzy at work and car is blocked in

"I was so scared driving in the heavy snow that I was on the phone with my mom the whole time"

Nice.. Can't drive at the best of times. Scared crapless because of the snow. Then on a damn phone instead of concentrating on her driving..

Grant

I took advantage of the crazy warm weater last weekend and took down the Christmas lights and got the snowblower ready for the winter....we knew it was just a matter of time...

Dennis

I can just imagine digging out tomorrow in the worst-case-scenario with more than predicted amounts of snow (8"-12"). I really want a four-day weekend. :/

Well, Fox news reported that Swallow Cliff (a sledding hill near me) opens at 9 Am and closes at 10 PM. My youngest boy asked to go sledding near 6 PM and we went. There were a few people there and the sign said "Sled hill closed", but parents had their headlights pointed at the hill (to light it up). So I let my son sled until the Tree Pigs (forest rangers) showed up 45 minutes later and kicked us out. It was fun while it lasted.

It's a shame that for all of the taxes that I pay to be a Cook (Crook) County resident that they couldn't open the hill tonight.... Not to mention the fact that they tore out the toboggan slides (which have been a local tradition since the 1920's) and only let you go down the bottom half of the hill.

Well, Fox news reported that Swallow Cliff (a sledding hill near me) opens at 9 Am and closes at 10 PM. My youngest boy asked to go sledding near 6 PM and we went. There were a few people there and the sign said "Sled hill closed", but parents had their headlights pointed at the hill (to light it up). So I let my son sled until the Tree Pigs (forest rangers) showed up 45 minutes later and kicked us out. It was fun while it lasted.

It's a shame that for all of the taxes that I pay to be a Cook (Crook) County resident that they couldn't open the hill tonight.... Not to mention the fact that they tore out the toboggan slides (which have been a local tradition since the 1920's) and only let you go down the bottom half of the hill.

Yeah, "Crook" County, that dumb B**ch Toni Preckwinkle, (if you ask me "Prick-winkle") has you guys by the nuts with 10.25% sales tax. It's outrageous when the family goes to Lou Malnati's in Buffalo Grove. If they moved across the street tax would be less. They're just luck the food is so good.

We got just 1 inch and snows fading away--cool

But yeah, lots of fender benders around here.

Why can't folks drive better I got no idea. I learn long ago the car can slid on snow-ice and give yourselves extra space.

People tailgate too much, must be the most broken rule on the roads today

At one time you were to allow 1 car length for each 10 mph, so going 40, you should be 4 cars behind, 70-7 car lengths.

Today its 1 car in the 40 zones and maybe 2 cars behind in the 70 zones--and those are the "safe" drivers

Saw a minivan get t-boned last night. The minivan driver turned left and, in dry conditions, would probably have made it. But, it wasn't dry...

Morons. Her minivan almost got pushed into my Jeep, since I was sitting at the same intersection waiting to turn right. I'd have been very annoyed if that was the case. :)

Here are some reports from last night from our local police dept:

Westbound 123rd shut down officers and CCSPD on scene

OPPD on scene roll over 135th and Rt 7 roadway closed

VOPP PW continues plow removal operations throughout the night

Patrol Shift Suprv. reports icy, snowy roadways use caution, only drive if you have to drive.

PPPD on scene Wild Cherry Rt 45 truck in the ditch expect some delays in area

-
Back