Hey from NY

-
I just joined the site and thought I'd say Hi to everyone. I've been a mopar fan ever since I was 21,I'm 54 now. And have a love for dusters, especially 1973 duster 340's. Of which I've owned 5 over the years and one 73 dodge dart sport.Each have different option and colors. My favorite years ago was my 73 duster 340,4 speed in street basin blue(petty blue) also had 3.55 gears. Boy that car screamed.Presently I own a 73 duster 340 ,auto on column, factory sunroof.Color is sahara beige (factory color) white stripes, bench seat with metallic/parchment interior. Motor is stock,TTI headers and TTI exhaust.Each year I do something different to car.Have rebuilt front end, new interior from Legandary and headers as already mentioned.Also have all documentation for car.
I'm located in central NY and also member of Central NY mopar Association. and attend Carlisle and Syaracuse Nationals. going to be asking you all for engine rebuild help shortly. My motor is getting tired, so rebuild in in near future. I know i can depend on you guys for help and advice on specs.
Later,
sundust
Welcome from upstate, Rochester area! Great site, you'll have that 340 rebuilt in no time. When are the Syracuse Nationals?

I just joined the site and thought I'd say Hi to everyone. I've been a mopar fan ever since I was 21,I'm 54 now. And have a love for dusters, especially 1973 duster 340's. Of which I've owned 5 over the years and one 73 dodge dart sport.Each have different option and colors. My favorite years ago was my 73 duster 340,4 speed in street basin blue(petty blue) also had 3.55 gears. Boy that car screamed.Presently I own a 73 duster 340 ,auto on column, factory sunroof.Color is sahara beige (factory color) white stripes, bench seat with metallic/parchment interior. Motor is stock,TTI headers and TTI exhaust.Each year I do something different to car.Have rebuilt front end, new interior from Legandary and headers as already mentioned.Also have all documentation for car.
I'm located in central NY and also member of Central NY mopar Association. and attend Carlisle and Syaracuse Nationals. going to be asking you all for engine rebuild help shortly. My motor is getting tired, so rebuild in in near future. I know i can depend on you guys for help and advice on specs.
Later,
sundust
stop by and say hi in carlisle. we are in a-body modified. i have a 74 swinger called thr buzzin half dozen.

004.JPG

hello all, i have a 74 sport 360 and for the life of me cannot find where the sunroof drains exit the car.... can you please help me out and if photos are available it would be appreciated

hello all, i have a 74 sport 360 and for the life of me cannot find where the sunroof drains exit the car.... can you please help me out and if photos are available it would be appreciated
Welcome to FABO. There are four drain tubes - the front two run down the A pillars and end behind the kick panels. The rear two run down the C pillars and end near the front of the wheel wells. In the early power sunroof cars, ASC employees would crudely punch a hole in the wheel wells for the rear tube to exit through. They may or may not have continued this practice in later model cars. Hope this helps!
Scott
Mopar Sunroof Registry.

Welcome to FABO. There are four drain tubes - the front two run down the A pillars and end behind the kick panels. The rear two run down the C pillars and end near the front of the wheel wells. In the early power sunroof cars, ASC employees would crudely punch a hole in the wheel wells for the rear tube to exit through. They may or may not have continued this practice in later model cars. Hope this helps!
Scott
Mopar Sunroof Registry.
on the manual crank version and from what you described can u see the tubes stick out side the car? i get a little drip out of the lower body seam but then the rug gets wet. can’t see any water come out of the car from the front tubes but the rug gets wet. i run a wire snake through the tubes and hear your them hitting inside the body panels

oh and
on the manual crank version and from what you described can u see the tubes stick out side the car? i get a little drip out of the lower body seam but then the rug gets wet. can’t see any water come out of the car from the front tubes but the rug gets wet. i run a wire snake through the tubes and hear your them hitting inside the body panels
i don’t see the tubes behind the interior kick panels

oh and

i don’t see the tubes behind the interior kick panels
The tubes are supposed to run all the way down so that the bottom of the tube is spitting water out at the rocker panel just behind the fender/door seam. The rear tubes are supposed to run all the way down to the rocker panel just in front of the rear wheel well. I would try and run your wire snake down each tube to see if you can figure out where they are routed. It sounds like the tubes have shrunk/become brittle and broken, or have not been installed correctly from the factory, or over the years they have become dislodged or moved. This poor drainage has been the reason for a lot of rust problems with sunroof cars.
Scott.

The tubes are supposed to run all the way down so that the bottom of the tube is spitting water out at the rocker panel just behind the fender/door seam. The rear tubes are supposed to run all the way down to the rocker panel just in front of the rear wheel well. I would try and run your wire snake down each tube to see if you can figure out where they are routed. It sounds like the tubes have shrunk/become brittle and broken, or have not been installed correctly from the factory, or over the years they have become dislodged or moved. This poor drainage has been the reason for a lot of rust problems with sunroof cars.
Scott.
thank you i don’t see where they wouls exit i may have to reroute them

-
Back