hey guys, opinions or advice PLEASE

-

rcottick

Reaction score
ok guys I'm at a sticking point. Do I cage the car or not.

70 duster mini tubbed springs relocated subframe connectors installed.

plans are for a 416 stroker with eddy heads running thru a 904 and rear at 4.10

should I cage it or not. I have the bottom of the car prepped for paint and am ready to paint but also dont want to be kicked out of the track after only getting to run once.

I am not planning this thing to be a race car, more street and cruise nights and shows with maybe 3 or 4 times a year at the track but I want to abuse it at the track when I do.

what is your opinion please.

Ron

definatly go with a cage you can always take it out later if you want. But for the cost of a good cage you cant go wrong

are you gonna NEED the cage??...11.49 or faster.

if its just a street car/cruiser,i wouldnt spend the money on it then cut it out if you dont like it.

i vote,NO

Mike,

Im not sure what this things gonna run, I certainly dont want to get to the track and be told after 1 run Im done. I am just so confused right now. To add it later ruins the paint on the botom and in the trunk.

Ron

rcottick said:
Mike,

Im not sure what this things gonna run, I certainly dont want to get to the track and be told after 1 run Im done. I am just so confused right now. To add it later ruins the paint on the botom and in the trunk.

Ron

Ron, then I would just do it. Just make sure you and or your passenger
Can get in and out semi comfortably!

onehellofadart said:
Ron, then I would just do it. Just make sure you and or your passenger
Can get in and out semi comfortably!

I agree, A good simple six point will do. It sucks getting to the track and getting told you can't run. Now is the time to do it before paint. Not only will it be safer it will also make the car "work" better because it will be stiffer. With the combo you have there is a good chance you will need it.

A good 416 will have no problems running mid 11's. cage and you dont have to worry about being kicked off the track.

i did mine for structural stability, because I aspire to go low 11s, and because I have no back seat, so it kinda offsets that.
I only have it installed as a 4 point right now, but later on, i will need top install the side bars to make a 6 point....oh and the hoop braces...that'd make it an 8 point.

Also....i mounted the rear bars right above the shock mount area, so if I want to add coil-overs and get rid of the leaf springs, the support is already there.

My opinion, Cage it.
Like was said ealier, it will stiffen things up, and you won't have to worry about it later.

-
Back