hey Rainy..

-
that is very cute ....the early A valiant shield dog dishes need to go.

It has a slant which is like 20 extra Scooby points in the cool.

I Like the Jesus bumper stickers .....might convert some tailgaters

all in all very nice.

very rust free for being in rusty *** minnesnowta

should have a 2bbl. ....the more I look at it the more I want it.

that is basically a more modern version of my valiant wagon

1980 Plymouth Volare Wagon. Very nice clean rust free southern car. 81175 Original Miles on 225 slant 6 engine. Air conditioning, Power Brakes, Power Steering, Cruise Control. Runs and Drives but needs a tune up. Very nice tires, about 3/4 life left.
roversync

Southern car explains the no rust for bring up here in rusty *** minnesnowta.

1980 Plymouth Volare Wagon. Very nice clean rust free southern car. 81175 Original Miles on 225 slant 6 engine. Air conditioning, Power Brakes, Power Steering, Cruise Control. Runs and Drives but needs a tune up. Very nice tires, about 3/4 life left.
roversync

Southern car explains the no rust for bring up here in rusty *** minnesnowta.

ok, maybe that was too colorful to way to describe a rust belt area (sorry)

but I was just a bit surprised because I have entertained shipping a few cars from Minnesota and didn't have very good look when those vehicles were inspected closer.

Minnesota might be in the rust belt but it is actually on my bucket list of places to visit. There are a lot of good members there.

ok, maybe that was too colorful to way to describe a rust belt area (sorry)

but I was just a bit surprised because I have entertained shipping a few cars from Minnesota and didn't have very good look when those vehicles were inspected closer.

Minnesota might be in the rust belt but it is actually on my bucket list of places to visit. There are a lot of good members there.
No need to apologize, we have a ton of rusty *** cars here. My Polara lived in Wisconsin most of its life and apparently didn't get driven much in the winter, and my Dart, although purchased in Minnesota, lived in Florida for most of its life. Both are pretty solid because of not being here their whole lives.

We have great members in every state!

IIRC 1979 was the last year for the F body super six in the usa.

nice clean looking wagon with a very reasonable BIN.

No need to apologize, we have a ton of rusty *** cars here. My Polara lived in Wisconsin most of its life and apparently didn't get driven much in the winter, and my Dart, although purchased in Minnesota, lived in Florida for most of its life. Both are pretty solid because of not being here their whole lives.

We have great members in every state!
I think you are on FCBO also??
I hardly ever get on there......is your polara a 66??

I have a 66 polara and my screen name on FCBO is 66 polara 500

My polara is a 500 with a 383 and is a factory bucket seat/console car. Originally from Western kansas and driven and sold and still in southern Colorado.

Of course i an 4 speed swapping it (to make it comfortably drivable lol )

Rust makes me twitch......i am in the southwest and to us surface rust is considered rusty ***. :)

surface rust is considered rusty ***
Then my car qualifies as rusty *** as I have surface rust on my car. Yep.im on FCBO same username. It's a lowly Polara with air being the big option it had, cause I never got anything other than the vents on the bottom of the dash. Windows work great though!

Then my car qualifies as rusty *** as I have surface rust on my car. Yep.im on FCBO same username. It's a lowly Polara with air being the big option it had, cause I never got anything other than the vents on the bottom of the dash. Windows work great though!
That is mega cool i need to see pics sometime and compare notes. I never see those cars around

It's the first slab c body i ever try to mess with.

I just got it out Saturday. Latest it's ever been out, usually after the second good rain it's driving.

My first Slab also, but I sure love it!

IMG_20170527_173059.jpg

IMG_20170527_173059.jpg

I just got it out Saturday. Latest it's ever been out, usually after the second good rain it's driving.

My first Slab also, but I sure love it!

View attachment 1715052869

View attachment 1715052870

that is sweet ...thanks for sharing. I personally never see these cars around. The one I have is the first one I have ever even seen.

I was looking for a 383 for a cuda and a guy told me about "some old boat with a 383" so I went to see it, thinking I would find some beat up, more door land barge I could rob the motor from and I find this car

fell in love with it and bought the whole car and I am going to rob the 383 for the cuda .........only to replace it with a 440 :usflag:

I cant stand the color so that is on the way out...other than that ....i love it

CIMG0102.JPG

CIMG0107.JPG

I too replaced the 383 with a 440, after the 400 I out in didn't want to pump oil. Mine was also.the first one I ever saw. I've seen other ones here and there for the first few years of ownership. Since I moved to my current location, I've seen a few more. Another member on FCBO lives close enough, but is a hermit of sorts. An ex coworker was the mediator between the 2 of us. It's weird, I want to help him get his car running better but he doesn't want help. Oh well.

You have the 500 model, lucky. I had to source the buckets out of Ohio, still need recovering. Just got a good console, shifter and all linkage for cheap, cheap, cheap, and I already aquired a cut out tunnel for the brackets and where to locate them. To make matters worse, I just secured a shell that has clean, straight sheet metal, the stub frame, doors, glass, correct bench seat and all kinds of other goodies. Then my friend planted the seed of Pro Streeting the shell. Thanks, friend. Who knows what I'll do.

I too replaced the 383 with a 440, after the 400 I out in didn't want to pump oil. Mine was also.the first one I ever saw. I've seen other ones here and there for the first few years of ownership. Since I moved to my current location, I've seen a few more. Another member on FCBO lives close enough, but is a hermit of sorts. An ex coworker was the mediator between the 2 of us. It's weird, I want to help him get his car running better but he doesn't want help. Oh well.

You have the 500 model, lucky. I had to source the buckets out of Ohio, still need recovering. Just got a good console, shifter and all linkage for cheap, cheap, cheap, and I already aquired a cut out tunnel for the brackets and where to locate them. To make matters worse, I just secured a shell that has clean, straight sheet metal, the stub frame, doors, glass, correct bench seat and all kinds of other goodies. Then my friend planted the seed of Pro Streeting the shell. Thanks, friend. Who knows what I'll do.

are you going automatic or 4 speed??

i am converting mine to 4 speed, i got lucky and found the pedals and most of what is needed for the swap. i might have to fab the z-bar bracket but i know what it is supposed to look like and measure so i am already ahead. Now it's just finding time to do it.

IMG_0498.JPG

I'm keeping it automatic. I put in a newer rebuilt transmission after the stock.unit started slipping going into 3rd. Put a manual valve body in shortly after that. Guess I have the best of both worlds! I'd love a 4 speed, but too much work and money for me to pursue. Those pedals look like they were very well taken care of.

----------------------------------------------------------------

-------------Rainy, why don`t u buy that wagon and sell me ur little valiant wagon ?

I bought a 80 Volare' wagon at Carlisle and drove it back to Nevada.That car was cool,fun,solid and the little slant ran great.Another one I shouldn't have sold ....

Had a Volare just like that! White paint with red vinyl interior. My brother and I bought it out of a junkyard for $100 - missing motor, tranny, and hood. Never had the time to do anything with it and ended up selling it. Body was straight as an arrow and had very minimal surface rust. Should have kept it. Wanted to build a snotty 360 for it and have some fun!!!!

That is mega cool i need to see pics sometime and compare notes. I never see those cars around

It's the first slab c body i ever try to mess with.
You know you guys share more than just having the same year car...you both have similar custom artwork!

Desert Polara Best small.jpg

Desert Polara Best small rani.jpg

How is Volare pronounced anyway? Is it Vol-air? Or Volar-a? Or Vol-r?

Minnesota and rust!? I have had 2 cars from there I got back in the early 90's, so these cars were like 20 odd years old. 70 hemi Cuda (Roller) and 70 440-6 Challenger, the chally was a complete car that the owner took completely apart and wanted out. . ( you don't wan to know the prices) they were no doubt stored in the winter, 98 % rust free. ( yes those were the good ole days, when the seller called me looking too sell! ha). lots of people up there had winter "beaters"...

that Volare wagon? it could be really solid, only an eyeball can tell. few months back I found a solid 79 Aspen slant complete AT wagon in Ga, for $500 and he had ALL the RT and 4 speed parts off donor car for another $500. 1000 mi away and shipping would be $800 so I just never bit the bullet. I should have for sure... the thing with these F bodies, seems to me, is they came after the muscle car deal, ie. low compression engines, a little heavier, little bigger bumpers, etc. ... not that many around but an be found and cheap generally.. these cars were crushed mostly, where so many of the mainstream HP cars were set back ... but the nice thing bout these F bodies, is they were the continuation of the Duster. cool!... they can be made anything someone wants or keep them stock. yes the 76 and early 77 cars tended to have rust problems, manly fenders.
I picked up a 79 Volare super six car that was TX car here and 100 % rust free, a survivor except someone had the hood painted due to having some tree stains on it. just a nice driving ( to me) car. and CHEAP!!!

-------------Rainy, why don`t u buy that wagon and sell me ur little valiant wagon ?
The valiant may come up for sale.

Not sure yet, i have to thin my herd but i have not decided which ones are getting cut.

Had some unexpected things happen to me, followed by some life changing choices i had to face and i may have to let most of it go. I will let you know first if the valiant gets cut loose from the fleet

The valiant may come up for sale.

Not sure yet, i have to thin my herd but i have not decided which ones are getting cut.

Had some unexpected things happen to me, followed by some life changing choices i had to face and i may have to let most of it go. I will let you know first if the valiant gets cut loose from the fleet

Hope you do well in the choices you make.

-
Back