think your truck needs a partner. here is one i am thinking about selling
what do you think?

DSC01330.JPG

DSC01331.JPG

DSC01328.JPG

DSC01329.JPG

DSC01332.JPG

Price? Motor? Tranny? Rear? Miles? Needs to be lowered don't it?[/QUOTe

this was my first vehicle. i bought the truck when i was 14. i am 27 now. it has a strong running 318, 4bbl, very torquey rv style cam, headers, performer intake, holley dbl pumper, p/s, 8.75 rear axle, 3.55 clutch posi, traction bars, 883 4 spd out of a bb challernger, competition plus shifter with shift stops, 2.5 inch duals, roll pan, rectangle tips, 15x10 rear wheels and 15x7 fronts, front tires are like new, rears are a little thin. they are 295-50-15 the motor runs strong has no problem smoking the tires at a rolling 20-30 mph punch. very fun truck has a pioneer cd player. i had the seat refoamed and covered by a local prison industries. it is not a slip over cover but done in a nice vinyl. turned out looking really nice with the red paint. was going to ask $4000 for the truck. it is 1981 model. i always wished someone made a factory bolt on lowering kit for the truck. i would drop it 4 in the front and 7 in the rear i think that would have given it a nice immage.

small block or tony fields??
any good places to hangout or shop down in your area. i am thinking about getting a babysitter some weekend and heading down your way to meet you guys and hang out. just need someone to take my wife shopping and keep her entertained while i browse some classic mopar scenerey,
what would you guys think about this and get me set up in a local decent motel? or b & b.
thanks

Not a problem 74360duster, and I am sure small block will back me on this, FABO members are always welcome here in West Plains. You may even end up down at Memikes, we sometime never know where the Cabo takes us!

Not a problem 74360duster, and I am sure small block will back me on this, FABO members are always welcome here in West Plains. You may even end up down at Memikes, we sometime never know where the Cabo takes us!

Vic Storm speaks the truth :drinkers:

Nice Truck!!

How far away is george rays drag strip in paragould ark. i really have wanted to see this place. even thought about bringing one of my drag cars.maybe? or may fuel up the 67 bb coronet and cruise it down there this spring depending on fuel prices. is there anything to occupy my wife while we play. thinking of doing this in the early spring when the weather fairs enough to be outside.
MEMIKE
how far away are you from them?

How far away is george rays drag strip in paragould ark. i really have wanted to see this place. even thought about bringing one of my drag cars.maybe? or may fuel up the 67 bb coronet and cruise it down there this spring depending on fuel prices. is there anything to occupy my wife while we play. thinking of doing this in the early spring when the weather fairs enough to be outside.
MEMIKE
how far away are you from them?

About a two hour drive at 65mph 120 to 140 miles :-D

thats not to bad at all. how far is paragould from west plains?

George rays drag strip in paragould ark is 15 mile from me and to the north
so its about 105 to 135 from Small Block's.

Wild cat racing:cheers: Beer and grill and fun.:-D

Google Wild Cat Racing Arkansas.

Told the wife about this and she said she has been wanting to go to arkansa for a long time.neither of us have ever been there. i drove through westplains 1 morning about 2am to go to chatanooga,tn. we are discussing a date in the next couple of months to come down there. shooting for maybe around the first of febuary maybe. do you think this would work for u memike, smallblock and tony fields? is there many reasonable places to stay hotel or bed and breakfast?

hey small block
i am in need of a bumper for my 74 dart swinger. it is missing the bumper,bracket and piece between the taillights? do you have one? it is for my new drag car. chrome would be nice but i can paint one i guess. as long as it is not bent. i could drive my cummins down when i come down to visit all of you.. i also need the piece of chrome that goes across the rear edge on the trunk lid of a 64 sport fury if you know of any.. let me know if a visit for a weekend would be ok with you...

No 74 Swinger stuff but your more than welcome to come on down to our neck of the woods and we can show you and the wife around but wait for good weather. Give me some notice so i can be sure and be around. I run off chasing cars sometimes.

know of anywhere i can come up with one? i would love to come down for a weekend and maybe travel down to see memike?? tony fields??

Nice truck, you guys are right about lowering it, this is my Chebby, if you squint it'll give you a pretty good idea what your's would look like :-D It's lowered 4 and 6

DSC01284.jpg

Nice truck, you guys are right about lowering it, this is my Chebby, if you squint it'll give you a pretty good idea what your's would look like :-D It's lowered 4 and 6

DSC01284.jpg

There is a local guy that is making lowering kits for older dodge rams. He advertises on moparts.com

looks nice. it is a shame they do not offer a lowering kit like that for my truck

Well that's weird, I would have thought you could get a kit for pretty much anything these days. Sure handles well too, mind you it's tit useless as a truck :-D

I raised the spring shackles on the rear myself and a buddy of mine cut my front springs for me and put em in. Sets good and corners like a corvette. They can't leave me on the twisties.

-
Back