hey Ya'll new member here

-

ts69ss4

Reaction score
Ok hoping to get some input . I have found a 69 dart swinger 340 . Nice nice rust free car , but of course missing drivetrain . Im thinking id like to put it back mostly stock . ya'll have any opinions or info . new to the world of A-body mopars .

Tessa

With your new car you have many choises,small block,318,340,340 or big block 383 400 440,along with a stoker combo for each motor.Now if you wish to go stock LOOK,but perform big time,a 360 stock or a stroker kit could be a option.You could find a donor C-body car with a power train and swap that in and start from their.You have to come up with a ball park idea of motor size you want,time,cash,what has to be framed out,to make you ideas come to light.Shoot back some thoughts and we will respond,Mrmopartech

thanks for the reply mrmopar. Ok so believe it or not i actually work on classic cars for a living . I am a painter by trade.sweet huh .Ok so here goes i really like this body style . i talked to the guy who has the car its a real 340 swinger so im thinking id really like to go back to a 340 .Im not looking for a drag car . I want a sweet ride i can cruise in .I believe it has the 8 1/4 rear end but you guys would know better what they came with stock.id like to do a 4spd , but there again im looking to ya'll for help in that direction. Im not at all concerned about the body or interior as i am going to go back stock with both .this guy has the original raised hood and quite a few parts cars for trim and misc parts.What was the standard horsepower for a 69 340 ? that way i can tell where id like to go as far as power and performance.

I have enough stuff to build a 340 if you are looking to go that way,also have a 4 speed trans.Don't have the shifter or other parts.I have the block,rods,pistons,heads,intake etc.I was going to hold on to all this stuff but I might as well help someone out a little. Call me or e mail if interested.I am located just North of Houston

Bobby 281-354-4126

I happen to be rebuilding a 69 swinger also. The 340 4bbl was rated at 245 hp if I'm not mistaken. Almost anyone will agree this was considerably unrated from the factory. The stock rear end in a swinger should be the 8 3/4 I believe.

:read: Tessa, I highly recommend trekking down to the Lonestar Shootout at Houston Raceway Park October 21-22. They'll undoubtedly be some 340 Darts there, and you'll be able to see them up close, in addition to being able to talk to those that own them. The swap meet may also have some of the necessary parts you'll be looking for. Bring your camera and take some pictures too. RICK

-
Back