HF Pneumatic Brake Fluid Bleeder

-

Pentarockstar

Reaction score
Does this work?

Does it work with the old master cylinders?

Thanks!!

I have a mityvac brake bleeder. Have had it since around 1990. Rebuilt it twice. Still going. Not sure about the china freight one, but the mityvac is great.

Similar. Mine has a diecast body. Not plastic. I believe the rubber seals are the same. no teflon tape. Have somebody add brake fluid to the reservoir as you pump the vacuum pump

I actually have one of those, never had much luck with it. I must be using it wrong.
I put in all new metal lines, wilwood prop valve and MC. So, I am looking for the best way to get all the air out.
Man I hate bleeding brakes

I have the HF unit, it was the only way I could bleed the lines by my self. So far, so good, but for the price, I feel like it's paid for itself already. It does well for checking vacuum operated devices.

I have the old cast metal Mity-Vac as well. I open the bleeders a small amount and acknowledge that the vac will pull a bit of air through the threads. After vac bleeding I have the wife pedal bleed, usually just one stroke, and have not seen any air in the lines.

I drill a hole in a old m/c top and cut the center out of the gasket and use this
Pneumatic Brake Fluid Bleeder with Auto-Refill Kit keeps the m/c full and the fountain of death from the brake release from happening/ and a dab of grease on the bleeder threads to keep them sealed until done..

The fountain of death has killed much enthusiasm over the years. That is the point when i stopped doing the petal pump bled and started thinking about another way of bleeding.

I did bench bleed the master before I put it on, but when I hooked up the dry lines I got bubbles coming up through the master. I hope I am getting those out too

-
Back