HI-6 CD Ignition

-
Reaction score
I have a HI-CD ignition the box on it says part number 6000-6442, this is designed for hi-performance output. Would this ignition work on my 1967 273 barracuda for a street application? I have read good things and want to replace the old orginal ignition, and recommendations?

I ran a crane box for years in my camaro, loved it ,will be buying another one for my Duster.

I currently have a crane HI-6 on my turbo mustang. I love it, and will be upgrading to thier model with 2 stage rev limiter so I can use it as a 2 step to build boost on the starting line. I plan to move my current one over to the Dart when the time comes.

Pretty straight forward install. It should just plug in before the coil than plug it to the coil. Than of course you will need to connect the power, ground and what ever else extras you plan to use.

Here is a link to the instruction manual for all HI-6's, page 4 has a picture.
[ame]http://www.sportcompactonly.com/manuals/Brand/Crane%20Cams/90006000d.pdf[/ame]

If you're not running or plan to run the OEM ECU, can the ballast resister be removed/bypassed? The instructions I have show the ballast "if needed" - is it?

no you do not have to keep the ballast with the crane cd hi-6 ignition

My Valiant had one on it when I got the car.Was nine years of street/strip use on it,when replaced.The box was still good,decided to replace it,while cleaning up the wiring harness.

-
Back