Hi, All! New from Mich.

-

Dartin'

Reaction score
Hi, guys! My name is Randy Johnson from Clinton Twp., Michigan. I came across this site in Mopar Muscle and thought I would check it out. I'm looking forward to sharing ideas, tips, and experiences with everyone. I own a 1974 Dart Sport street /strip car. It has the factory sunroof, fold down rear seat,disc brakes, and air conditioning. For motivation it has a 70' 340 with Edelbrock heads, Hughes engines cam, 1.6 roller rockers, ceramic coated headers,ProForm 750 DP carb and a 125 horse shot of nitrous. Other upgrades include Super Stock springs, 3.91 gear, TCI convertor and a few other goodies. My car club hosted a track rental at Milan Dragway about a month back where the car ran 11.44 @ 117 m.p.h. with a 1.55 60 ft. I'm still learning to tune the car as well as drive it.

Randy-05.jpg

Randy Johnson, you`re not a tall pitcher, are ya? Welcome to the site, is Mancini Racing in your neighborhood, I`ve sent them many a check?

That's a good looking car and sounds like you already have a pretty good tune up.
Cool thing about this site is we can learn from each other and hopefully save some time, money, and aggravation sorting out our cars.

Thanks for the welcome. Mancini Racing is about the only local place for the Mopar guys around here (like that's a bad thing?!?!). As for the pitcher, I got the name, but not the money.

Welcome, it's alway nice to see another Michigan has found the site.

Attachments

• cuda2.bmp
    14.1 KB · Views: 208
welcome.
If we could get the driver running as consistant as the cars we would all win a lot more races at the track.
those look like street tires - 1.55 is a pretty good number.

I definiteley agree with the driver thing. I do run Mickey Thompson drag radials and the car seems to like them. I wish it would 60 foot like that on motor, though.

Welcome aboard Dartin'

Nice ride!! Seems like you are off to a running start already. I am sure you will enjoy the information and topic discussions you will find here.

-
Back