Hi All, Re-starting a 20+ year build

-

Degrasse

Reaction score
I have pulled the 71 from the depths of the garage. It is no longer a table\storage locker. In its current form it is a leaf springed backhalf car with 31 x 19.5 steamrollers. As progress goes on I will start posting more pictures. Wish me luck.

Thanks
Dave

View attachment image.jpg

Welcome to FABO. That is some big rubber and a major tub job. Are running a shortened 8 3/4?

Sweet. Welcome to the site, What are the plans for the car?

Mine sat untouched for about 7-8yrs in the middle of 12-13 yrs of a rebuild... I drove it for the first time since I was 21 last summer... It was worth the wait. So chip away, and use the site to keep motivated... If it wasn't for this place mine would be sittin still!!!

Joe

Congrats on getting the project back under way. I look forward to seeing the progress!

Hi, and good luck! My build is in about Year 30 so I know the feeling. I'm making great progress this year, though! Reading these resto threads keeps me inspired. I suggest you do the same and give yourself the Daily Dose to keep the iron hot.

I'm also restarting work on my 69 Barracuda convertible which I've had since 1983 and has sat for many years. One great thing about today is that there is so much more available in the way of reproduction parts. And the internet has made finding parts and information so much easier.

Good luck with your restarted project!

Great car! I want another pro street 1970-72 dart someday. Cant wait to see how this one goes.

-
Back