Hi All

-

MoparjJohn

Reaction score
MoparjJohn here. Wierd name, huh? Don't know where the second "j" came from, but whattheheck, kinda attached to it now. :)
I've been a member awhile, but I don't think I ever introduced myself. If I had, oh well, here we go again.
I've been inactive for about 18 months now. Had my 70 Swinger in a body shop to be stripped to bare metal and painted. NO rust work and only minor metal work. After almost 18 months, he had about 25 hours of work done!!!! I finally had a gut full and pulled the car!! The car now sits in another shop. Been there about 2 1/2 weeks now, will be ready to shoot in a couple more. I have a little site I put together back in the beginning--HTTP://DrJohnny0.tripod.com have a looksee. I found "my baby" on Ebay. '70 Swinger, painted in the brightest yellow you can imagine. EVERYWHERE !! Wiper motor, master cylinder, blower motor, etc. LOL Originally a 6 banger auto. Let me ask a question, is it me or are all old Mopars originally Green with Green interiors?? Seems like that's all I find. LOL Well so was this one. When I got it, it was yellow with a green interior. 318 and auto just dropped in, not even hooked up. Total price, including delivery from Detroit to Pa was 2700 bucks !! TOTALLY rust free.
I already have the 440, Schumacher install kit, TTI headers and exhaust and a few other goodies. Plans call for subframe connectors, front disc brakes and an 8 3/4 rear. Converting the interior to black buckets. I'll try to update my page from time to time, and here too of course.

Sounds like a pretty good deal. Yellow actually is not bad - though I too prefer Blue. Have fun restoring!

I welcome you back on board.. just dont keep us unposted, we here love pictures.

Car looks great in yellow, do you think you will go to blue?
Keep us posted

Cerwin

Welcome back MoparjJohn, I`m sorry to hear your car just sat all that time and the guy never did finish the work. Glad to hear that somebody`s going to finish it up and paint. Post some pictures when you get it back!

I like yellow(dart sport),but my favorite is still red(duster project car).
Dave,Fair Grove,Mo.

If I may make a suggestion go with Schumacher headers. My friend Steve put themo n his car and he has zero clearance problems. He can change the plugs with ease and change the starter in about 10 minutes. Plus.. no fenderwell cutting!

That is a very yellow car... remind me to NEVER paint my car yellow! That 71 on your web site is pretty nice. Going to look cool with the 6 pack hood. My 73 Dart Swinger is forest green with a green top with a green interior. No way is my car ever going to be yellow or green! Haha... are you going to sell the 318 and automatic? If you are just tell me! Nice car and I hope it turns out the way you want it!

Thanks for the welcomes. Sorry for the delay in replying, just got back from 4 days at Cedar Point, Ohio. Haven't even had a chance to go to the shop and check on the car. Will go tomorrow for sure. Anyone got a good "handle" on paint colors/ paint codes? I'm thinking that the color of the blue car on my site is B-5, but now I"m not so sure. Anyone know for sure the code and year for the paint color on that car? I don't care if it's called Z-9 or Blue Magoo, that's the EXACT color I want, and my painter is starting to ask about paint codes so he can order the paint. I'd hate to finally get the car done, only to shoot it in the wrong color. :( Any help would be appreciated.

Welcome to the site Moparjohn. Hope you enjoy.

pic4.JPG

-
Back